Best smartwatch alternative to AW

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by davidgnomo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

I'm going to get AW2, but I want to make one last survey to see if there's something good enough to compete with it on the market : I won't need any GPS or health tracking, won't use it for sport, I just need it for notifications and message reading and sending ... any suggestion ?

2. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Why don't you just buy original AW (second hand maybe?) for dirt cheap if you only want that.

3. davidgnomo thread starter macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Just wanted to know if there's something that can compete AW, but your suggestion isn't bad ...

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

If you have an iPhone and your watch interest is primarily notifications and message responding, the AW is far and away the best there is. Apple Pay is pretty sweet too.

5. lume939 macrumors newbie

lume939

You may have a look at the Pebble ones. Forget about the amazing display of the Apple Watch, but those devices are quite interesting (and cheap)!

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I also say get the original AW on the cheap, some retailers still have them so just go hunting. They should all have a return policy.

Best Buy has most android wear smartwatches on display. You can check them out but I'd go with the Apple.

7. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I would say the Gear 3, but since iOS support is "coming" and not here yet, it's not an option for me - yet.

8. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Strictly in terms of popularity I see the Fitbit Blaze everywhere, as much or more than the Apple Watch.

I considered it briefly but after watching a YouTube review it just doesn't do nearly as much, or as well, as the Apple Watch.

9. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

You trust Samsung software?

10. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I bank at Wells Fargo, so sure.

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This was a great response, lol

12. Still100 macrumors regular

You could consider the upcoming pebble watches that are cheaper and come with always on display with up to 2 weeks battery life.

But be warned iOS only allows you to reply to messages on the Apple Watch. Though pebble have a work around with some networks that allow responses to text messages/iMessages. So still no Whatsapp responses.

13. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

14. matrix07, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016

matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Good luck. Lol.
    I'd run away as far as I can when I heard "Tizen".