Best Smartwatch for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AT101ET, Apr 29, 2014.

1. AT101ET macrumors 6502

Was wondering...
    What's the best and most affordable smartwatch that is comparable with the iPhone?
    I'm looking to try and pair something with my 5S.
    I like the pebble steel, but it's price tag is stopping me as it lacks features for that kind of money.
    I'm not too keen on the normal pebble either.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

2. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Wait for the iWatch. I had a Pebble Steel and it doesn't do much at all but what it does it does well.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I agree with the previous poster. These watches are way to expensive for what feature they offer plus they are ugly!

Give it a while and they will get much better and hopefully a little smaller.

4. AT101ET thread starter macrumors 6502

True. But if I can't wait, then what would be recommended currently? ;)

5. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Am I the only one who thinks smart watches are just silly? I suppose the idea is great, but I just don't understand the interest in functionality (or lack thereof)

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I do not either but the hardware people think there is as there is going to be a glut of wrist hardware between now and Christmas!

Never going to replace my iPhone any time soon.

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Pebble is the best. That's wat I am using rite now.

8. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

So I have the Pebble. Been using it since March, and I love mine. I don't understand why some of you are saying for it's functionality it cost too much. What functions do you think the iWatch will have that will make it whatever crazy price tag Apple chooses? I mean what are you guys looking for smartwatches to do?

9. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I am not looking for a smart watch, period.

I am only saying they offer little for me at any cost. I choose to take my phone out of my pocket and LOOK at it.

Enjoy your Pebble but you know that Apple will blow it out of the water and yes it will cost a LOT more.:apple:

10. Dave245 Suspended

It will be very interesting to see how much the iWatch will cost, what do you think? more than a £1000 or less? i really hope the rumours that it will cost several thousand are wrong, that would price most people out of buying one :mad:

11. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

No way it will cost several thousand. You can get Google Glass for $1500.

I look at it like an accessory to one's iPhone, if the want to sell them, it better cost less than the phone.

I will stick to my low life Rolex

12. Dave245 Suspended

It would be good if they sold it along with the iPhone 6, kind of like a package deal like Samsung do with their S5 and Galaxy Gear. I'm interested in it and if Apple do it right and manage to perfect it, I will probably get one. But I wonder if it will have that same wow factor like the iPad or iPhone did.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I do not want them to include it with every iPhone 6 as I have no intrest in the watch thing. Been wearing the same watch brand for over 25 years and a iWatch has no chance to replace it.

The iWatch better be VERY durable because no matter how hard you try to be careful it will get damaged. I am sure Otterbox will make a case for it so it is even LARGER:eek:

14. Dave245 Suspended

They might give the option to bundle it with the iPhone 6, I would like that. I think it would also need to be water resistant if not waterproof. As for durability there have been rumours the display will be covered with sapphire glass, the same as the 5S fingerprint sensor and camera, if this is true, it will make it very durable.

15. Azzin macrumors 68040

Just give it a few months, you will do! :D

16. bmac4, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014

bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Best Smartwatch for iPhone

Alright if Apple is going to blow it out of the water what are they going to do? What function will a smart watch need that will make the Apple version that much better?

I enjoy Apple products, and my iPhone 5s has been great, but this smart watch race is not going to go like the iPhone, or iPad did. Android is way too established for that, and have a ton of smart watches coming out this summer. Pebble already has 2 watches that are cross platform. Apple may be able to make a watch that works well with iOS, but turning the market upside down again just won't happen. Much different time now then 2007.

I am not saying that is exactly what you were saying, but Apple blowing it out of the water just won't happen. They may make a great smart watch, but like I said there are just too many android phones out there for this to be a slam dunk. You know as well as I do this will only work with iOS. It just a different ball game than anything before.

17. troy14 macrumors 6502a

I love the original Pebble. What is great about it is that it doesn't try and replace your phone, so what it does it does it extremely well (which has already been pointed out).

It's waterproof so you never have to worry about it. I wear it in the shower to control a water-resistant bluetooth speaker (connected to my iPhone's library) and to tell the time. The rechargeable battery is nice because I usually just plop it on the charger every night but if I forget, no worries it usually last 5-7 days.

At work or in school (in a Hospital) I can read my emails, text messages, weather, etc. all from my watch without pulling my phone out where it's frowned upon. Was that text really important or was it just something that could wait? I no longer have to go in private to look at it. I also have set up quick replies to say short sentences such as "i'm off at 7" or "i'm at work right now, sorry"... etc. They come in handy.

Is it for everyone? Absolutely not. Is it for me? Absolutely. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

18. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

19. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I am not allowed to say what the iWatch will bring!:eek:

You know no more than I do, it is all speculation. The iWatch does not matter to me as I am not the type to ever buy/wear one. It is kinda funny how me saying they will blow it out of the water seems to have hit a nerve with you. :rolleyes:

20. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

No nerve at all. Honestly I hope it's a great watch. I will most likely get one if it is, but I don't see it being revolutionary like the iPhone or iPad were. I don't think it will blow anything out of the water it will just be another great Apple product like every iPhone since the original was released.

You have your opinion, but what I don't get is why you say it will blow all smart watches out of the water, but can't say how. I understand you don't care because you don't want a smart watch, but if you think it will be that good. You have to have some though about how or why it would be that good.

Again I like my Pebble, and it is very covenant, but I will gladly buy an Apple iWatch if it is really good. Just makes sense if I am using iOS products. With that said I have no idea what Apple is working on. You know just as much as I do. Nothing. Which I think is the way Apple would prefer it.

21. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I "don't get why" you don't agree! LOL!

Try to chill and understand that everyone has an opinion, I could really care less about the watch thing or this thread!

22. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

They are nice for when you are driving down the highway and don't want to reach into your pocket for your phone. A quick glance at the wrist and you have the info you need.

23. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Oh I am good.