Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dankes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
Hi

Which is the best sms out there for the 3g iphone? I'm not that fussed about paying for the program and would like landscape sms but most important is having an inbox, an outbox and being able to delete individual messages.

I know there's bitesms, mysms and irealsms but which one is the best - ie least bugs, most polished and least likely to make me want to throw my phone across the room (which the native one makes me want to do at the moment)?

Thanks for any help and advice.
D x

jmann

macrumors 604
Hi

Which is the best sms out there for the 3g iphone? I'm not that fussed about paying for the program and would like landscape sms but most important is having an inbox, an outbox and being able to delete individual messages.

I know there's bitesms, mysms and irealsms but which one is the best - ie least bugs, most polished and least likely to make me want to throw my phone across the room (which the native one makes me want to do at the moment)?

Thanks for any help and advice.
D x

There is already a SMS app built into the phone; what's wrong with that one?

See above.

My favorite by far is irealsms. It is very similar looking to the stock sms which is nice, and I ssh'ed into my phone and themed the application myself so it doesn't look so blah. I'm very happy with it. :D

dankes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
There is already a SMS app built into the phone; what's wrong with that one?

I don't like not having an inbox and an outbox. I don't ever use chatrooms so having the long conversation thread annoys me because I can't delete all the short replies I send. Plus I don't know if the sms has been sent. And big fingers mean landscape would be easier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.