Best SNES Emulator

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ukbsktbll, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ukbsktbll macrumors newbie

First off I am not sure there are others but I have Snes4Iphone. The only thing that is annoying is some games work best without sound. Is there one that doesnt have this problem

2. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

SNES A.D. +

Best emulator out right now. Try out all the A.D. emulators. Used to use SNES4iPhone along with that dev's other emulators. Haven't looked back since switching.

3. elan123 macrumors 6502

I second this... make the switch.

4. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Completely off topic, but OP, I saw your screen name and was wondering...are you a member of Big Blue Nation? If so, Go Big Blue! :D

ukbsktbll = UK Basketball (when I read it)

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I prefer to play in SNES4iPhone (love the Wiimote integration) but it's a lot easier to download ROMs through SNES A.D. +

Honestly I just wish someone would make an SNES to Dock adapter. I've got one for USB (RetroZone) and there is nothing like playing SNES games with the original controller.

6. nickrinaldi macrumors regular

haven't tried a snes emulator since i had iphone 3g. do they work better on the iphone 4 or the games still laggy and skip music etc..

7. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Haven't gotten around to jailbreaking my 4 yet, but it should run better - after faster/better hardware (which is the main holdup of running an emulator on the 3G).

Still, my favorite emulator is this Xbox 360 one in the App Store.

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

SNES emulation on the iPhone 4 works very well. I haven't encountered any slow down or music skipping yet.

Nice.

9. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I've never used an emulator on my iPhone before but it sounds pretty cool. Where do you find the games for the emulator? Is there a place where you can legitimately purchase the games?

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The iPhone emulators actually have ROM (the games) searching and downloading built in. There is currently no legitimate way to purchase ROMs that will work in emulators. My basic rule is to only download and play the games that I've owned. I mainly play them for the nostalgia.

11. crampinator macrumors 6502

Just wondering, I had the N64 emulator on my 3GS and the lag was horrible, the games were unplayable.

It is any better on the iPhone 4?

12. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I've got one of those controllers too. They're the best! Before ordering one I was using the keyboard and it was torture. Now it's like I have an SNES (or even NES) console everywhere I bring my computer. :D

13. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

SNES A.D.+ Also has Wiimote integration. Try it out.

14. nickrinaldi macrumors regular

in cydia i see adx plus and ad plus whats teh difference?

15. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I know it does. I prefer SNES4iPhone's emulation as it's a lot more accurate. I find SNES A.D.+ a buggy. Seems like a beta.

16. Hervboo macrumors member

Hervboo

Correct me here if I'm wrong, but I believe the ADx version does not include ads, while the AD plus version does.

17. waltercln macrumors regular

the best emulator would have to be imame4all and imastergear. the downsides to both is the mame only works with some roms, and the mastergear emulates sega master and game gear.

but the layouts and landscape playability is top notch. I wish snes and gen had a proper layout and user playability as the ones mentioned above.

18. Kirika macrumors newbie

I'd loving the SNES AD emulator, but the ads are quite a bother. However, the listing for the ADX says that it's been delisted, as the product is no longer offered by the repository. Does anyone know any other ways to get the ad-free version? TIA :)

19. willpower101 macrumors regular

snes4iphone is no longer available on cydia and any downloaded versions have rock app login integrated. (read: a bunch of crap that no longer works since rock, whom i loved, sold out.l)

20. Jojo430 macrumors newbie

Ya, because a member of a basketball team is Going to be on the macrumors forum, asking about a fast SNES emulator for his iphone.:p

21. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

You should probably know what you're talking about before commenting.

BBN = Big Blue Nation = the FANBASE of the University of Kentucky. NOT the basketball team.

22. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Snes 9x is as good as it gets, I just can't cofirm whether or not it works for the iPhone (have it on the iPad)

23. viperGTS macrumors 65816

It'll probably be worse on the iPhone 4 (same GPU, but 4x the pixels to power).

24. Siggen macrumors 6502

Multiple ways around that, example method:
    [​IMG]

Also the oldest PSP runs it smooth, so its possible, its just an engineering problem.

25. Megaant330 macrumors newbie

Reply: is it possible to get it now. Cause I heard it was taken down from App Store.