best software and hardware POS retail solutions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coneman5259, Sep 30, 2010.

1. coneman5259 macrumors member

coneman5259

I am interested in opening up a small retail store in Chicago and I figured I would ask the community about what you guys believe is the best Point of Sale solution with inventory and such. Plus if anybody heard anything good about LightSpeed http://www.xsilva.com/

2. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Everything that I have used was PC based, I did not care for Retail Pro, or the Quick Books Retail solution. I have a friend that Is running a small retail shoppe and is using the software you mention. Claims it is OK, but feels limited, she was not more descriptive than that.

3. cruzan1 macrumors newbie

Xsilva

We use Xsilva in three of our retail stores. If anyone ever has any questions, please feel free to IM me, I'd be happy to help answer.

Summary,

Lightspeed is a great program and coupled with Mac OSX it is ridiculously stabile. Our old PC based system was always crashing, filled with bugs and a constant pain in my ..... We're running with all imac's, no server. If you own a retail store and want to incorporate Apple into your POS scheme, this system is worth a look.

@cruzan1