best software for this?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by itegypt, May 22, 2017.

1. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

I got lots of picture/videos of my newborn what can I use to put them together and make cool movie out of them?
    Help a new dad out : )

2. itegypt thread starter macrumors 6502

itegypt

3. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

Actually, I would suggest Keynote. You can put multiple pictures on a screen at one time. You have a huge variety of effects and animations for bringing in photos and moving them around. You can add all sorts of text and annotations and other graphics.

You can set this up to auto play and export that as a movie. Or you can manually advance slide by slide while you and your wife narrate the show and export that as a movie.

4. itegypt thread starter macrumors 6502

itegypt

Thanks neutrino23 I will check and I also have the latest Microsoft PP as well

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Keynote is actually one of those Apple programs that does more than it's Microsoft counterpart (unless something has changed recently I'm unaware of).

6. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

iMovie is probably the best option. Photos app, PowerPoint and Keynote can do it too, but it's not nearly as customizable.

7. kohlson macrumors 6502a

I'm assuming you want something quick and easy to make a movie that you can share (such as YouTube) with family and friends. iMovie is your best bet. Essentially drag and drop video and pic's onto the timeline. If movie editing interests you, there is plenty of "headroom" in iMovie to learn and do more. If you want to focus on you kid and not your movie skills, use either iMovie on Mac or i-thingy and quickly and easily edit and post. Start here: https://support.apple.com/imovie

8. Larry_Gilmore macrumors newbie

Larry_Gilmore

What about Adobe After Effect and Adobe Premiere Pro. For me, this two software is the best for Video editing.

9. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

Those are pro-level apps... there's nothing in the OP's question suggests that he is a professional video editor—otherwise he wouldn't have asked.