Best Software / Service for Simply, Cheap A/B Split Testing

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by turbobass, Aug 26, 2011.

1. turbobass macrumors 6502

Hello again you lords of Web Development,

I have a question for you that's more on the marketing side, but wanted to know what kind of software and/or services you used for simply and cheaply managing A/B testing for your various pages / email campaigns / etc.

I realize that simply tracking conversion rates for different buys with different copy is the dead-simplest way, I'm looking for something with a little more finesse for a micro budget project.

Do you know anything like this?

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

I remember 37signals had a few blogs on this a short while back and mentioned the tools they used. I'm sure google will find it.

3. dkotter macrumors member

Google has a tool called Website Optimizer, that is free, that offers A/B testing and multivariate testing. I haven't used it a ton, but the little experience I have it seems to work fairly well.

4. turbobass thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for this -- for those that don't want to sift through the article the service they're talking about is Optimizely and it starts at $17/mo for ~2K impressions...gonna try out the Google service first.

Don't think you can use it with Email campaigns but MailChimp seems to have a free 'til 2K subscribers / 12K emails/mo service that has A/B included.