Best software to create 16xHD size video file?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Kayak, May 7, 2010.

1. Kayak macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am working on a project for a video wall.

The wall is 8 screens wide and 2 screen high.

The wall will be used various ways; sometimes 16 HD videos - one on each screen; sometimes 4 videos - HD video up-resed to fill four monitors; and sometimes as one large screen using photos or motion graphics.

Out of curiosity I tried making a full sized project in Motion (Full size being 15,360px x 2,160px, but received the error message "This project is too large to render with these settings"

I don't have After Effects to know if it would do any better...

If my goal is to sync up a series of movies made in Final Cut, and to create motion graphics that run the entire size of the video wall, can anyone recommend the best software to accomplish this?

I am using the current version iMac with 2.8 Core i7 and 12Gb RAM.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What system do you want to use to play the final video back with?

[​IMG]

AE CS4 seems to capable of doing this, also the number in brackets I don't really get.

[​IMG]

You may run into problems running it in full screen though, as many applications use one physical screen to display in full screen.

3. Kayak thread starter macrumors newbie

Still working that out...

Depending on final video wall software selection... might be able to play the entire large file, or likely need to chop back up into regular HD sized pieces...

Not sure if that answers your question?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I updated my post while you were posting.

You may run into problems running 16 HD screens (1920 x 1080) with one computer, because you would need eight (8) video cards, except if you could use something like this maybe, http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/ .

5. Kayak thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info and screen shots! Don't know much about after effects (or motion for that matter); if you created a motion graphic that ran across the entire large version - say a pan of an image, or animated text, would you then be able to reduce the size and take only one section so you would end up with 4 or 16 synchronized videos?

The same way for example if you made a large image in photoshop but then cropped it to include only the upper left, lower right, upper right etc...

6. Kayak thread starter macrumors newbie

curious about the bracketed numbers... when Motion says too large, it defaults to 5016... wonder if 5120 or 5016 any significance?