Best software to sync a palm for the not-so-literate?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by munckee, Apr 12, 2009.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

I'm getting my Mom's new mac setup. It's her first mac and she needs it to sync to her palm to move contacts and calendar evens back and forth. And, she's not the MOST computer savvy person.

What's the easiest to use sync software for palm -> mac to get her up and running on?

*consideration - she has her contacts synced in outlook on her old pc; something that will allow us to export and move them would be great so she doesn't have to manually re-enter them...or will syncing the palm the first time pull it all off the phone to the computer?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The Macs have the iSync application built in, but it has a very specific list of devices it is compatible with: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2824

A lot of people seem to find the Palm Desktop software too limiting and it doesn't transfer the relevant data directly into iCal or Address Book the way iSync does.

You can also consider MarkSpace's MissingSync application or PocketMac as viable alternatives. iSync and Palm Desktop are the only free options though.

3. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

Missing Sync is a VERY well designed application.
    It was designed by Mac people for Macs.
    They really know the Mac OS.
    They are also extremely helpful if you have trouble.
    When I buy new PDAs or Smartphones, I always check to see that Missing Sync supports the device I am looking at -