Best solution for iPhone in my car

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sportsfanMAW, Jan 16, 2011.

1. sportsfanMAW macrumors regular

Hi all, just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts about helping me find the best car solution for my iphone. I'm driving a 2002 Jetta and currently hook up my iphone through a cassette player to aux input, but as anyone who has tried this knows, the quality is far less than anyone would want. My stereo does not have an aux input so I can't hook it up directly through that. Here's what I want: to be able to charge my phone while in the car, have it on some sort of dock or dashboard mount so i can somewhat easily see gps directions/scroll through my music, play music over either a direct dock connection or aux, and have my calls go through the stereo. Now I realize that is a lot to ask for, so if it doesn't have every solution that's ok. I'm expecting to have to get a new stereo for the car and probably some sort of cigarette lighter dock or charger. I don't want to spend too much but I do want something that is functional.

I realize that may be very confusing and impossible but that's why I came here! I figured someone could help me get a better idea of how to go about this. Thanks for everyones help in advance!

2. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

I have one of these in my BMW. They make it for VW's as well.
    http://diceelectronics.com/volkswagen-1.html

It doesn't do bluetooth calling through the stereo (had to buy a different interface), but plays and charges my iPhone through the stereo.