Best solution in Mac - Pc web conference!

Rebelos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Athens, Greece
Please help! i want to do a video-audio conference between my new powerbook and a pc (my girlfriend's)! what programs do you suggest me to use in both machines... except of buying her also a mac?? I am completely confused! Thx!

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
i think the only solution for you is for your girlfriend to download aol instant messanger (aim) and for you to use ichat. i wish i could video conference on msn but that is not an option at the moment.

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
mileslong said:
you can both also download yahoo messenger and use that as well...
Last time I tried Yahoo Messenger though you only get video - no audio...
so you still have to type! The colours and quality of video feed was terrible as well!

I have a mate who has had all sorts of trouble attempting to video chat between iChat and a PC AIM user. Good luck mate - and there are heaps of threads in here to assist if you encounter any problems.

Rebelos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Athens, Greece
thx a lot for you answers! i am going to use ichat and AIM for audio - video conference! What about the programs like fire, proteus (or something like that)ivist, etc... What is their use??

davidroger

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2013
Skype, MSN, Google Talk etc. can be used for Audio / Video chats. If you are looking into web-video conferencing, I would recommend using WebEx, gomeetnow, gotomeeting etc.