Best Solution to Install Screen Protector for Perfectionists!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ericxd, Jun 23, 2009.

1. ericxd macrumors regular

I love protecting my iPhones and when i apply my screen protector, i cannot stand the fact that i sometimes get dust trapped underneath my screen. Hence, thats why ive been through quite a bit of screen protector in order to install a perfect one...

However, when i got my iPhone 3G S, i have figure the best way to install screen protectors. You need iKlear Solution, Squeegee (i use the invisibleshield one) and of course a screen protector!

here:
    1) Spray iKlear Solution on the iPhone and adhesive side of the screen protector

2) Wipe down iPhone screen with Microfiber (make sure theres no dust)

3) Quickly lay down the screen protector

4) Adjust screen into perfect position and squeegee out the iKlear Solution

5) PERFECT!

NOTE: leave it on for a day for the reamaining solution underneath the screen to dry!

2. daonesteven macrumors 6502

does this kind of stuff work with power support shields?

3. str8spd2001 macrumors regular

str8spd2001

The PS Crystal shields are lot easier to apply. No solutions needed.

4. piblondin macrumors member

I've also used air in a can to remove any dust from the phone, and it's worked well in the past.

5. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

For the Powersupport protectors I would NOT follow the process above. Instead I would:

1. Buff the display with a micro fiber cloth
    2. Apply and pull off the tack sheet to remove any remaining specks of dust
    3. Peel back the top backing from the protector sheet and align it with the speaker slot and center/align the edges.
    4. Flex or arc the protector and push/roll the protector down the front of the display, peeling back the remainder of the backing as you move down.
    5. Rub along the edges of the protector with a micro fiber cloth just to be safe.

6. ericxd thread starter macrumors regular

EXCEPT i did it with POWERSUPPORT CRYSTAL FILM
    lol and it's flawless!

7. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

I should add I've found success using a debit/credit card to smooth down the protector as I'm applying it to ensure evenness...

Cheers.

-J.-

8. ericxd thread starter macrumors regular

yeah any sort of squeegee is good!

9. dagomike macrumors 65816

How did you keep the cleaner out of the phone?

The PowerSupport stuff is really easy to install. Just peel an end off, bend it over, line it up, and lay it on. If you're off or have bubbles, grab some tape and pull it up, reset and you're done. If you managed to get dust, lift again, and take another piece of tape and stick it off.

10. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

id stay away from using any sort of liquid on the screen of my phone
    especially with a screen protector that doesnt need it

with any of the PS screens, do this
    -focus on getting the alignment as perfect as you can, dont worry about air bubbles
    -once its on right, take a piece of scotch tape, put it on a corner and lift up to about the middle, then lower it back down slowly applying soft pressure with a squeege or something similar, pushing air bubbles out, repeat for all corners and anywhere else an air bubble may be

11. cardboardcowboy macrumors newbie

Installing your shields/skins/protectors in the bathroom and running your shower on hot for a few minutes before you start will greatly reduce the amount of stray dust particles floating around in the air that will inevitably end up under your freshly installed shield/skin/protector. They always seem to sneak in there though. I was super careful when I installed my Invisible Shield on the back of my phone, yet somehow I managed to trap two tiny fibers/hairs in there.

12. Londonluke macrumors member

The old damp bathroom trick is amazing. you get almost zero stuff in the air