Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glennster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Anyone use Google Photos? Need to find the best alternative to storing the 25gb of pics we have.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Are you looking to an alternative to Google Photos, or are you thinking of using Google Photos?

Glennster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Are you looking to an alternative to Google Photos, or are you thinking of using Google Photos?

Ppl at work keep saying Google Photos is best so just confirming it's good or if there are others out there. I also heard Flikr but not sure.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Ppl at work keep saying Google Photos is best so just confirming it's good or if there are others out there. I also heard Flikr but not sure.
Google Photos seems like one of the better ways to go about it. Flickr is an option too as it offers a lot of space. There are some options like iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, etc., which offer some limited storage and more storage at subscription prices.

ganja24

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
Is it possible to drop folders and sub-folders in Google Photos?
All my pics are sorted and organized into folders on OneDrive and want to keep them in the same structure.

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Google photos might be ok,but nothing can in the long run beat hardware alternatives. For the photos I prefer to view from time to time,I use sandisk iexpand flash discs,usually the 32 Gb version. It's easy to bring two or three of these in my pocket if I want.

Constroy1

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2017
Washington State
Stefan is the sandisk farely easy to use? I just bought an iphone and have been researching good ways to store photos, ect. I liked the idea of the icloud but from what I can see if you delete photos from phone they disappear from the icloud too (learned that the hard way) which seems to defeat the purpose of using a cloud to free up phone space. Maybe I'm wrong on that I am very new to apple products (iphone se is my first one and I have never used a cloud for anything). I also liked the looks of the Leef from ibridge. (Sandisk looks exactly like the Leef 3).

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Stefan is the sandisk farely easy to use? I just bought an iphone and have been researching good ways to store photos, ect. I liked the idea of the icloud but from what I can see if you delete photos from phone they disappear from the icloud too (learned that the hard way) which seems to defeat the purpose of using a cloud to free up phone space. Maybe I'm wrong on that I am very new to apple products (iphone se is my first one and I have never used a cloud for anything). I also liked the looks of the Leef from ibridge. (Sandisk looks exactly like the Leef 3).
Very easy,all you need is the free app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.