Best solution to store pics

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Glennster, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Glennster macrumors regular

Anyone use Google Photos? Need to find the best alternative to storing the 25gb of pics we have.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Are you looking to an alternative to Google Photos, or are you thinking of using Google Photos?

3. Glennster thread starter macrumors regular

Ppl at work keep saying Google Photos is best so just confirming it's good or if there are others out there. I also heard Flikr but not sure.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Google Photos seems like one of the better ways to go about it. Flickr is an option too as it offers a lot of space. There are some options like iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, etc., which offer some limited storage and more storage at subscription prices.

5. ganja24 macrumors 6502

Is it possible to drop folders and sub-folders in Google Photos?
    All my pics are sorted and organized into folders on OneDrive and want to keep them in the same structure.

6. Gachiennuocmam macrumors member

Gachiennuocmam

Im using google photos with free unlimited storage. Flickr app is worse than Googles.

7. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Google photos might be ok,but nothing can in the long run beat hardware alternatives. For the photos I prefer to view from time to time,I use sandisk iexpand flash discs,usually the 32 Gb version. It's easy to bring two or three of these in my pocket if I want.

8. Constroy1 macrumors newbie

Stefan is the sandisk farely easy to use? I just bought an iphone and have been researching good ways to store photos, ect. I liked the idea of the icloud but from what I can see if you delete photos from phone they disappear from the icloud too (learned that the hard way) which seems to defeat the purpose of using a cloud to free up phone space. Maybe I'm wrong on that I am very new to apple products (iphone se is my first one and I have never used a cloud for anything). I also liked the looks of the Leef from ibridge. (Sandisk looks exactly like the Leef 3).

9. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Very easy,all you need is the free app.