Best source for comics?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fleeper, Nov 4, 2010.

1. fleeper macrumors 6502

What is the best source for comics and graphic novels? I looked on Amazon hoping there was a good selection that I could read with the kindle app. It did not look to promising.

I have the DC and Marvel apps. The selection looks a bit dated. I would love to be able to subscribe or by current comics.

Any tips?

2. miamijim macrumors 6502

Hmmm..

I found all the comics I could possibly want on the internet.

I am not kidding about this, I have paid for hundreds of comics in my lifetime, that are now not available as digital downloads yet they are available if you look in the corners.... Having paid for them once I have no qualms about getting them again from the less legal sources.

Plus Comiczeal is great for raeding the comics on....

3. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

I know there are torrents available, but I get a little nervous doing that. I have received emails from my ISP that someone had downloaded something, blah blah blah. I am willing to pay.

I was just curious if anyone had a legitimate source.

4. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Exactly what I was going to say ;)

I'm not going to pay twice for graphic novels I already own paperbacks of if I can find the CBRs on the "Bay"

The only ones I would actually pay for another copy for would be the Penny Arcade compilations. But, alas, I cannot find any PDFs of their books anywhere :( I'd really rather not have to cut the spines and scan/PDF them to myself if I can just find the files somewhere in the corner of the interwebz

5. koobcamuk, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010

koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Please could someone PM me where I can get some manga comics downloaded? I already own loads but would love a digital library.

EDIT: Thanks for the PMs. ^^
    Ideally they'd be in Japanese; might have to wait until I get to Japan for that.