Best source for PowerBook 15" alum batteries

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Squonk, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I need a new battery for my 15" Alum PB. I see a wide range of generic batteries on eBay, but I do not want to buy one that will not perform well. I know that I can spend over a $100 from places like OWC and I'm wondering if that is the best way to go or not. Can anyone give some feedback on success stories with lower cost replace batteries? Thank you. :)

2. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

i suggest from apple, you may have to search around on the website, but it should be there.

trust me, i went through !!3!! powerbook g4 batteries from OWC, and all of them either broke in the first 2 days or didn't fit in my computer. so i paid a few extra bucks for the 'official' apple battery and NEVER regretted it. :D

3. cjacks68 macrumors regular

cjacks68

The Apple store still has them and they're a sure thing for not breaking, but it will probably cost more than other places.

4. Squonk thread starter macrumors 65816

Squonk

I found the appropriate replacement on Apple's website fairly easily. I was hoping to find something for less than $129 for my machine. My machine is probably only worth about 3-4 times that... :confused: