Best speaker system?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cristian18, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Cristian18 macrumors newbie

I've already have googled my question but every result is from a year or two old but I want one that is more recent. I just got the iPhone 5 and I will be getting the adapter for the 30-pin. I want to get some speakers that have good bass and that are loud. The most I can spend is about $450. I was thinking of getting the Beats By Dr. Dre Beatbox but I don't know if its worth it. Can someone suggest speakers that you're using? I can always get a universal dock and use the adapter and plug it in the audio port, so I guess computer speakers would also work too. I tried the harmon Kardon Sounsticks iii last year but I didn't like the fact that the controls were touch sensitive. So every once in a while the thing would start playing at really high volume.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. meistervu macrumors 65816

Why not Airplay?

Going with Airplay pretty much any speakers can be used, and you have more freedom of speakers separation placement, and you don't have to worry about wires. Plus, any recent iOS devices can connect to your speakers.

Off the top of my head, for $450 you can get a set up that use AudioEngine 5 and an Apple Airport Express shipped. Read the reviews on the web.