Best Speakers MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aeaglex07, Apr 11, 2011.

1. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

ok i searched around these forums and the net and im having a hard time finding the best speakers for my setup. I have a MBP connected to a 24" LG so desktop space is a premium for me.

I bought a set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 from best buy but returned them a week ago because they sounded horrible. The bass from the Sub was awesome but that was the only positive thing about them

So i picked up the M-Audio AV30's when i returned the Klipsch. IMO these produce a much better sound however they lack the bass the Promedias have.

Does anyone know of any other speakers like the AV30's that produce a "thumping" bass? Im really looking for a 2.0 system because a sub will take up too much space.

Ive read up one Swan M10 and Audioengine A5 and they have great reviews, but i dont want to spend the money if they dont have a good thumping bass.

Would it be best to just go for a 2.1 system or an expensive set of 2.0 speakers?

thanks

2. getheledout macrumors member

First off, if you're looking for a thumping bass, a 2.1 system might be the best idea. Second, if desktop realty is an issue, the A5s or the M10s might not be the best idea. The A5s are rather large, and the M10s mid-woofer works best at ear level.

What other specs are you looking for? (i.e. control/volume knob, inputs)

3. amarcus macrumors 6502

I'd go with the Audioengine A5's. Mine definitely have enough bass for my tastes. If your not satisfied, you can pick up a dedicated sub (e.g. Audioengine S8) to go with it.

Adam

4. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

The Audioengine 5's have plenty of bass. They're awesome.

5. aeaglex07 thread starter macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

thanks for the advice...im going to order the A5's. they have good reviews and im sure they will sound better than the Klipsch and the AV30's.
    How is streamed music on the A5's?

my iTunes music sounds great on the AV30's but stuff like Youtube and Rhaphsody sounds terrible and flat.

6. jon08 macrumors 65816

I have Audioengine A5+ and they don't have enough bass imo... my old low-en mini Hi-fi system's speakers had more thumping bass.