Best Speakers to replace Soundsticks

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ascender, May 24, 2007.

1. ascender macrumors 68000

I've got a pair of Soundsticks here which have served me very well, but there's a faulty connection somewhere, so its time to replace them.

Its been a long while since I've looked at speakers, so I was just wondering what other people would recommend? They are used almost exclusively for music, I like a lot of bass in the mix and they're connected to my iMac.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

2. yagran macrumors 6502a

no review on the actual sound quality but i know that i would definately recomend sonicums by art lebedev (cool man :)) just for the coolness

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/sonicum/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D

also check the optimus keyboard by his company while you there! its awesome too

3. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

For simple music listening, the JBL Creatures sound nice, look good with macs, and are affordable.

4. hidehide macrumors 6502

JBL Creatures only looks good.. The sound quality is really really so bad...
    If you want better sound quality and affordable, you should go for logitech z2300.. Sounds great with that price..

5. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Agreed with the guy who said the Klipsch Promedia 2.1's. They're simply amazing. My brother had Soundsticks IIs, and hated them. He tried my Klipsch's, and he bought them the next day, and sold the Soundsticks.