best ssd in mbp, xbench?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 617, Jul 10, 2009.

1. 617 macrumors newbie

Even this might become annoying for some of you: what is the best ssd option for the mbp? Most users are suggesting intel SSDs, however 160 GB is not too much.

Can anybody post bencharks like x-bench using the original apple 256 GB SSD or the intel (160 GB) one after updating the software for SATA II? This would be great help.:confused:

Yes, I have used the search function and read many threads, but it would be great to have a specific summary for the currently best option.

This might be one of the important questions to many people planning to buy a new MBP.

Sure, Intel will come up with new SSDs, but when??? I am asking for the best option if I buy right now.

Thank you

2. RKpro macrumors 6502

Some rumors were suggesting that Intel will release an even faster 320GB in July, other rumors were suggesting Q3. Nobody on the forums would know the exact details anyway. I'm also eager to get an SSD, but currently these things are advancing at such an intimidating rate, I'm scared to throw away a few hundred dollars. It seems that the price halves every 6-8 months.