Best stand/elevator for 13" MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Action, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Action macrumors member

I currently have a Rain mStand that I've used for my old MBP. It's a great stand, but it doesn't seem suited for the MBA (the lip on the front goes up way too high, and the air being so thin means it can slip under the bumpers which results in metal on metal contact).

The Griffin Elevator looks like it may suit my needs, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Note: I'm not interested in book stands, I need to use the MBA as a secondary display when hooked up to a monitor.

2. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

3. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

OP is looking for a stand to raise up the laptop. Probably using an external keyboard and mouse and hooking up to a second monitor. The BookArc from Twelve South is awesome, but as OP said, they want to use both the MBA screen and the external monitor, so the BookArc is out.

I have one user with the Griffin stand. Their only issue is that it is not adjustable, so their monitors don't line up nicely at either the top or the bottom. Other than that it is a solid stand, even if the price is a bit much for what equates to a fixed height/angle shelf.

Personally I would go for something like this. Adjustable and provides a mesh sitting area for good heat dissipation. Only problem is that it does leave a footprint on the desk which can't be easily avoided.