Best Stand for MBP 13"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AppledUp, Apr 23, 2011.

1. AppledUp macrumors newbie

Hey everyone looking to buy a stand for my MBP and I've seen a few but what ones the best for the money?

2. AppledUp thread starter macrumors newbie

I really like the griffin elevator but im looking for one where i can use the laptop comfortably while its not connected to a different screen

3. nathanneuroticx macrumors newbie

Hmm, I personally think that you can still use the Elevator comfortably, as it's only 5 inches high. You could also connect a wireless keyboard + mouse if that would be more comfortable.

But if you want to get a little stand while using the Macbook, I'd reccommend you getting some sort of Laptop Ramp, like the Standivarius Aero.

Good luck in finding a decent stand!

4. AppledUp thread starter macrumors newbie

I have just purchased an apple wireless keyboard and magic mouse, I think I'm going to get the griffin and purchase a 23" apple display with some money I saved for an iPad 2 but never got due too the rumors of the 3 coming out in less than a year

5. nathanneuroticx macrumors newbie

That will be a good setup.
    Yeah, I'm not the biggest iPad fan. Bought the original on launch day, returned in soon after.

6. hajime macrumors 68030

7. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Check out the mStand. It's really beautiful and matches the Alum Macbook.

8. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I have just purchased an apple wireless keyboard and magic mouse,

Yeah, I use a Apple wireless keyboard and the Magic Trackpad with my MBP and external. I don't bother with a stand at all.

9. AppledUp thread starter macrumors newbie

very nice stand im definitely considering it, thanks for the suggestion

10. MacSignal macrumors regular

More love for the Rain Design mStand. I use one of these and so does my dad.

11. Apple-Man23, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011

Apple-Man23 macrumors regular

I also have the mStand and it's worked great for me. my mbp is at a comfortable viewing angle and I can use it with or without my wireless mouse and keyboard. plus it is very aesthetically pleasing :) I Highly Recommend it!

ALSO, I tried the Griffin Elevator and ended up returning it the next day because my mbp was slipping off the stand when i tried to use it. just something to keep in mind.

12. AppledUp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for more suggestions the mStand looks the best and ive heard nothing but good things