Best Standalone, Strapped MBP Sleeve??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MaxMike, Apr 2, 2011.

1. MaxMike macrumors 6502

Since I got my MacBook Pro, I've kinda been going crazy over protecting the damn thing. I went to the Apple Store and actually thought it would be a decent idea to get a standalone sleeve with a strap for my MBP. Just since I don't always need to keep it in a backpack to just bring it around (current hand-me-down sleeve from old HP has no strap or anything). At the store I saw the Level8 Sleeve and thought it was pretty nice. Has anyone else used others or have any good alternatives in mind? Also, the case kinda has to fit a 15 inch MBP with a Speck See Thru Satin on it :p. Thanks! :apple:

2. MaxMike thread starter macrumors 6502

3. zwodubber macrumors 6502a

I just ordered this bag and case for my new 13" MBP. The inside of the bag looks nice and soft, plus I need the pockets for all the items I use on job sites.

I can't give a personal review as they are on order but After doing some research I should be good.

Incase Nylon Sleeve for MacBook Pro

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H...fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTkyNzEzNzQ&s=topSellers

Speck 13" SeeThru Case for MacBook Pro and MacBook

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX241ZM/B?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTA4MjU0NjU

4. brentsg macrumors 68040

5. DRGN89 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Those in Canada and maybe the US Dell has a Targus unofficial laptop messenger for $19.99. Regular price $49.99. Looks simple and slim yet big enough to put extra stuff too.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Bags_Carrying_Cases/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&sku=A3800191&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

6. irfan.kara06 macrumors newbie

irfan.kara06

Thanks for that! I was looking for a bag for my new 15 inch MBP I'm going to buy this summer and everything was so expensive. This is perfect, thanks for your help!

7. DRGN89 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

8. beruo macrumors newbie

This. If you're looking for as much protection as you can get in as minimal a package as possible, you cannot beat Waterfield's products (sfbags.com). I've used their laptop sleeves since my 12" chicklet iBook as a stand-alone, in backpacks, messengers, and now their laptop bags, and couldn't hope for more. It's a bit on the spendy side, but the protection is great. Just make sure you get the D-ring option. And if you plan to use it as a stand-alone with any regularity, definitely add the flap and maybe even a piggy-back for the cords/accessories.

9. MaxMike thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I went up to the Apple Store in Woodcliff Lake, NJ today and picked up the Incase that was mentioned previously. It fit my MacBook Pro with the speck on perfectly. They did not have the Level8 case so I drove down to the Garden State Plaza (Paramus, NJ) to check that one out to see which I liked most. The Level8 WOULD NOT FIT with the Speck Hardshell on. I actually prefer the incase now anyway, just since it can carry more and may even be able to replace my backpack as my everyday travelling companion :D