Best Static Cling Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by ppc_michael, Jul 18, 2008.

1. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

I'm looking for the best screen protector for my iPod Touch. The one I currently have is perfect but getting old: it covers the entire front glass with a hole cut out for the home button. I got it with a case I don't use so I can't just buy another one.

A lot of screen protectors I've found just cover the touchscreen part which is not what I want because you can see that something's there.

Any suggestions? What about this one, any experience with it? Also I saw something like CrystalScreen or something like that for iPhone, that was supposed to prevent fingerprints. Anything like that for iPod Touch?

2. whiteness macrumors member

3. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

I use the Power Support Crystal Film Set. It is very easy to apply, and I really like it. You can find it here. They also have an anti-glare film set if you use your Touch outdoors a lot.

4. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I would go for the anti-glare. No fingerprints, or feelings of oils or grime on the face of your ipod. I am not too big of a fan of the crystal one because of this reason. With the crystal one you can see the oils too.

5. ppc_michael thread starter Guest

ppc_michael

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I'll go with the anti-glare Power Support. :)

The back protector looks good too, though I wish I had purchased that before I scratched up the back. :(

6. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Good choice. It is more expensive than the one you linked and does not have all the frilly extras...but it is definitely a good product. It makes touching your ipod touch very nice haha. Easy to apply, and very high quality..does not lose sensitivity, and the fingerprint and oil prevention is a definite winner.

7. XxCH3AT3RxX macrumors regular

I thought the screen doesn't need it on the touch? I just ordered a case for my touch that I am receiving sometimes this week. It is a silicone case that covers the back and sides which I like, but didn't think about buying a screen protector.

Okay I ordered this case here: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11376

It is a chinese website, but I always order from them and they actually have some quality products. I just do not know how good this will be. Also, silicone is harder to get out of pocket. So I think I will forget about that since it comes in 2 weeks and my iPod will be here in 1 and because it is silicone. Now my question is, which of the two links below are better?

http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/ipod/ip_touch_film.php

http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/ipod/ip_touch_antiglare.php

Also, the back film does that work good and protect the sides? I would love to just have the films protecting it rather than a big case or silicone.

Sorry for thread hijack, but I thought your question was answered.

8. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Silicone is harder to take out of the pocket and stretches.. not my cup of tea.

To the poster above: if you read the posts above yours, they pretty much answer your question of which one of those two links is better. In fact: check my posts, where I say...in my opinion the antiglare is better. So...this makes me wonder, why you thought the original question was answered and yet asked pretty much the same question again.

The backfilm for both of the powersupports do not protect the sides.

9. XxCH3AT3RxX macrumors regular

I did not read your response at 11:35 since I had my posting window open and posted at 11:41.

But, your other post that says, " I would go for the anti-glare. No fingerprints, or feelings of oils or grime on the face of your ipod. I am not too big of a fan of the crystal one because of this reason. With the crystal one you can see the oils too. "

I really do not get a reason as to why one is better than the other. So the Anti glare has no fingerprints, oil, grime and the crystal set does?

Are there any film that covers the whole ipod like invisble shield? That is way too much for me, but I rather not use a case and just have the whole thing protected.

10. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

You should check out bestskinsever.com, it's pretty much the same product as invisibleshield but much much cheaper.

11. Mason1 macrumors member

I just ordered an invisible shield for mine...

they offer you free shipping for it but you dont get order confirmation or tracking, so I went with the $8 ground shipping so I can track it.

Does anybody know how long they usually take to get it to you? Im anxious to get it because I already have a few scratches on the back, though nothing on the screen yet

PS: Since I ordered my invisible shield they sent me an email with two 20% discount codes. tomorrow I will find out if any family or friends needs them. If not I will give them out on here first come first serve.

Watch for it sometime I would start a new topic for it if I did it...

12. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

That's right. With the crystal film you can see swirls of oil from your fingertips, and it attracts fingerprints more easily than the antiglare. The surface can feel grimey with the crystal set. With the antiglare, the surface stays mattelike and smooth, and feels dry. Both the crystal and antiglare set come with back films that do not cover the sides, but protect the back.

Bestskinsever.com - the cheaper alternative to invisible shield - comes without the applicator spray (but you can use soapy water). Scratch resistant but not drop resistant if you know what I mean. However, can feel sticky or tacky and peel away. This goes for both the invisible shield and bestskinsever. Not something you want to slip in your pocket (might rub against your pocket and peel up the corners which are the weak parts).

In my opinion: I have used pretty much everything..and I still prefer the antiglare. It has a nicer feel to it, does not feel sticky or tacky, and fits the ipod touch nicely with hard cases. My ultimate set up: antiglare film set minus the back protector, and the seidio innocase. The seidio innocase is made of a velvety rubber, but hard plastic so it is a hard case. It is low profile like the slider (but not gloss for the fingerprints and grime). The feel of that case is so pleasurable and fits with the antiglare perfectly.

13. thrice macrumors newbie

thrice

I use the Power Support anti-glare...so far so good.

14. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Good luck with your purchase. I personally don't like the covers. Makes my iPod touch look dull.

15. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

i love my invisibleshield i bought for my touch. i bought it a week after i got my touch so it'd stay pretty. but upon installation, i dropped the front skin on the ground and it got all nasty. . i didn't register it, and have been in contact with the fine people at zagg. i'm pretty sure they're going to send me a new front cover. but the back cover eases my worries when sticking my ipod in my purse. it's not that expensive and as for replacements, you're guaranteed a new one for life . . as long as you're registered.