Best Stereo Bluetooth Headset ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by legaleye3000, Jul 6, 2009.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Can anyone comment as to a good bluetooth headset for use with the 3G/3GS?

I'm currently looking at the Moto S9-HD. Since it came out last year, is there anything newer and better since then? I'm looking for a "minimal" look? That's what I like abotu the Motos.

Thanks for any input!

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I bought a Plantronics Discovery 925. While they love to claim that it is really stylish and professional looking, I think it's kind of stupid looking but it certainly has terrific call quality and I've never had a problem with it becoming un-paired with my iPhone.

The biggest test is whether or not other people can tell you're on a BT headset. I asked a handful of people on the other end that question when I first got it and nobody could tell. I recommended it to my brother, and he also really likes it.

3. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the feedback. The 925 are still a lil too big for what I'm looking for...

Looking for in-ear, like the Motos S9-HD and sony ericssons...

4. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

How is that a stereo bluetooth headset?

5. clborden macrumors regular

clborden

Are you referring to a "stereo" bluetooth, as in the type to listen to music? I'd love to find one... I just don't think it would have the call quality of the Plantronics or Jawbone types.

6. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

What other point is there for stereo bluetooth headsets?

7. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

I just picked this one up and really haven't had the chance to run it through its paces but for the price you can't beat it (http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-V..._1_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1246910749&sr=1-1).

The ear loop is optional as you can put it on or leave it off. The 2nd ear piece is connected via a cord to the main ear piece for stereo music listening. Slide the boom out to answer calls and back in to end.

8. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Relax.

My fault OP, I misread your thread title. Nevermind about the 925 :)

9. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I use the S9-HD and I love it. You get good sound and the battery lasts me all day at work and I use them a good 6-7 hours a day. I've also used the Jaybird JB200. I really liked it but they didn't fit snug in my ear which bothered me so I gave them to my sister but the sound is good with it if it fits in your ears.

10. tjp888 macrumors regular

tjp888

I am using the Sony DR-BT22 and I really like it.
    Considering it's BT, the sound quality is pretty good. They are the over-the-ear type and are very comfortable. The battery will keep them playing all day.

11. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks- I'm leaning towards the Moto S9-HDs. Just wondering if anything is out, or about to come out, that has bluetooth 2.1 (if that makes anything sound better or give better batt life)...

12. wr1020 macrumors regular

I just picked up the Sony DR-BT101 the other day and there great. Music sound quality is great, i'm no audiophile so i didn't need anything really expensive or blow my ear off sound quality like some people look for. I paid $34 for these so price wise they couldn't be beat.
    [​IMG]

13. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

^^^ Those are too big what I'm looking for. But thanks for the feedback

14. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I like them

I like the S9-HD also, so the other day I used a set and was happy with the sound but they are delicate and light weight. I really like-em and purchased a pair but I could see where they may not last. I guess I'm going to find out.
    So far tho I'm happy.

For the standard BT I still recommend Plantronics.

15. camarobh macrumors 6502

Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800

I have tried a couple different kinds, and have pretty much settled on Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800. I like the fact that I can carry them in my pocket and then use them when I need them. They don't have a volume control, so until Apple mods the bluetooth implementation on the iPhone the volume is fixed, although I haven't found that to be an issue as of yet.

16. clborden macrumors regular

clborden

How is the call quality on these things? Is there some sort of noise reduction on any of them?

17. tanster macrumors regular

tanster

Sony Ericsson HBH-DS205

[​IMG]

I decided to go with the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS205 headset.

My requirements:
    - Wanted Apple-style earbuds (ones that aren't inserted deep into ear canal)
    - Wanted a pendant-type device to access controls, rather than pressing controls on headset itself (easier while walking on a treadmill)
    - Can easily fit in a small purse or pocket

The one extra benefit to this headset is that the pendant can be connected to any headphone: "Your Stereo Bluetooth™ Headset HBH-DS205 has a 3.5 mm plug built in so that you can swap the headphones to match how you listen to music in your phone. Customised comfort for your ears."

I'll have more information once I receive them, probably next week. :)

18. labman macrumors 604

labman

19. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Nice Find!!

20. charliecc macrumors regular

21. patbutterfield macrumors newbie

I got the Moto S9-HD

They work OK. They sound great, they come with different earbuds for a custom fit, they are comfortable enough for extended use, and they charge via mini USB so I can use my Griffin Powerjolt in the car to charge the phone and the headset. My only problem is that they cut out when I am moving a lot. I had the iPhone in a my pocket on a bike ride and they cut out constantly. I tried with the iPhone in my pocket just walking the dog and they still cut out. So far they worked the best in the car with the phone stuck in a vent-clip mount.

Oh, and of course the song forward/back buttons don't work.

All in all, I am happy. I got them on buy dot com for $71 including shipping.

My $.02

22. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Why dnt the Fwd/prev buttons work n the S9-HD?

23. iBallz macrumors 6502

iBallz

24. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

They don't work with any BT headset. So its not the S9-HD's.

25. Xanderprime macrumors member

I can confirm the same exact problem with these headphones. I specifically bought them to use on my bike and they constantly cut in and out. Even changed the position of the iPhone and still had the same problem. The other issue I have with the s9 HD is you cannot lay your head back as the back of the headphones get in the way.