Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martin29

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
Quimper, France
I'm looking for a 'post it' type solution. To place sticky notes on my display, and to share them across all devices (2 Macs, iPad, and iPhone)

I want to keep it simple, not like some of the options I've seen which need a degree to understand, and a doctorate to use.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I rely on the Notes app for all my devices. No, it's not technically on the Mac desktop, but it's in the dock and always in sync. And it's free.

Martin29

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
Quimper, France
I rely on the Notes app for all my devices.
I use that for long term notes, things I'm likely to want to keep for a while.

But I want something that I can 'pin' to my desktop, which is highly visible, and which I can simply ditch when the task or reminder is no longer needed. Stickies is excellent, but it doesn't sync across my devices which limits it's suitability for me.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I use that for long term notes, things I'm likely to want to keep for a while.

But I want something that I can 'pin' to my desktop, which is highly visible, and which I can simply ditch when the task or reminder is no longer needed. Stickies is excellent, but it doesn't sync across my devices which limits it's suitability for me.
I hear you. I love Mac stickies too. Maybe an app like AirSync? I haven't tried it though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.