Best stock market app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by swimminsurfer25, May 1, 2012.

1. swimminsurfer25, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012

swimminsurfer25 macrumors newbie

swimminsurfer25

I'm asking this question for two reasons, both of which are a teensy bit self-centered (apologies!). My business just released its latest (universal) app: MarketShark - Stock Fundamentals (App Store -->click<--). The first reason I'm asking 'what app is the best stock market app?' is to see what kind of features you guys like the most! The second reason is clearly to get more word out about the recent release of MarketShark :D

If anyone wants to try out the app PM me and I'll give out a promo code or two! We really want a lot of feedback. Suggestions are more than welcome as well!
    Thanks everyone!

Some screenies:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Description (from App Store):
    MarketShark is a professional-grade, fundamental analysis tool for value investors. Unlike other mobile stock apps, which focus primarily on price trends, MarketShark provides instant insight into the underlying value of public companies, offering investors a deeper level of analysis.
    MarketShark’s provides powerful capabilities have until now only been available on expensive desktop programs. Compare and graph a full array of metrics and data points with unprecedented customizability. Uncover and evaluate intrinsic value at a glance. Streamlined workflows make it easy and convenient for research on-the-go.

Welcome to the future of investing.

FEATURES:

- STOCK FUNDAMENTALS: Offers value, growth, and income investors a level of depth in data that hasn't been available on mobile devices until now

- RATIOS, MULTIPLES, AND MARGINS: Dozens of different metrics, each with historical data and growth rates making for more than 600 different data points available

- PORTFOLIO TRACKING: Comprehensive "Portfolio Tracking" feature allows you to monitor and visualize your portfolio in real-time to identify areas of strength and weakness

- SEAMLESS RESEARCH: Unique "pages" layout for the most streamlined analysis experience available; simply swipe to navigate between pages, designed specifically for mobile devices

- CUSTOMIZABILITY: Unprecedented levels of customizability in designing your pages and choosing exactly which data points you want to see; this is one of MarketShark's most powerful features

- STREAMLINED ORGANIZATION: Variety of preset page templates, from "Liquidity" to "Valuation" to "Activity Ratios" and more, all completely customizable

- COMPANY COMPARISONS: Robust "Compare" feature integration so you can quickly compare and sort an entire list of companies according to any metric at any time; we know context is key to any valuation

- TREND VISUALIZATION: Easily accessible "Graph" feature so you can see how any data point has changed over time, both quarterly and annually

- DATA TRANSPARENCY: Simply tap a data point and a sleek dropdown will reveal more detailed information, including definitions, formulas and even precise calculation steps taken

- POWER AND EFFICIENCY: Designed for financial professionals but user-friendly enough for serious individual investors

- UNIVERSAL: Buy once, and own MarketShark for life -- on both your iPhone and iPad

2. swimminsurfer25, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012

swimminsurfer25 thread starter macrumors newbie

swimminsurfer25

Added screenies to OP :)

Stuff we're currently working on:
    - Really improve download/load times
    - Graphical 'compare' feature
    - Minor bugfixes

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

You haven't got your PM turned on or I'd PM you for a code. :)

4. swimminsurfer25 thread starter macrumors newbie

swimminsurfer25

My bad.. I think I fixed it back.. Try again!

5. filipefilope macrumors newbie

6. Fugue macrumors 6502

I would appreciate a promo code as well.

Thanks in advance

7. swimminsurfer25 thread starter macrumors newbie

swimminsurfer25

Hey everyone -- I'd love to accommodate as many people as possible with promo codes! We don't have many left but are almost done with an update (that includes, among other things, an export/email function and landscape mode). Once that update is out we'll have more promo codes!

If you want one send me an email at balef@revoctechnologies.com.

Thanks for your support!

8. nephron8 macrumors regular

Hello,
    Looks like great app. Does this support Indian stock market?
    Nifty and national stock exchange NSE?

Thanks

9. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

10. swimminsurfer25 thread starter macrumors newbie

swimminsurfer25

We're trying to add support for multiple markets. Right now it's only US traded equities and in our next update we're adding the TSE. Hopefully more to come!

11. rogerbarrett macrumors regular

Looking great app. I'll try it. Any hidden charges?

12. swimminsurfer25 thread starter macrumors newbie

swimminsurfer25

Nope! No IAPs or subscriptions at all.

13. fourstar40 macrumors newbie

Promo code

I'm a little new at this APP stuff, could you tell me how to redeem the code?
    Thanks.

14. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

it would be great if you could introduce a virtual versio, me and my mates love having competitions but we don't use real cash. We currently use stock wars but it's not that great