Best store to go in and buy one

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dball4, Jul 16, 2010.

1. dball4 macrumors regular

Since I don't have an Apple store any where near me what is the best store for me to go to get an iPhone and to not have to wait as long?

2. AshStorm macrumors member

I believe the main carriers are...

AT&T Store, Best Buy, Walmart, Radioshack. I've had good luck with Best Buy but I efforted making sure I got one on day 1. There are stories of people walking into Walmart and just getting one on the spot over the last 3 weeks.

3. tonymophoto macrumors newbie

I had a line on a random (just opened) AT&T store in my area that no one really knows about yet. They were supposed to get 7 phones in and none were spoken for. I showed up, but the phones didn't :rolleyes:

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

There have been many reports of ordering via AT&T store and having the phone within a week.

So if the choice is:
    (a) Spend several evenings and all weekend calling/driving around town looking for a phone.
    (b) Make one trip to an AT&T store, go home and wait for a week.

Guess which one I'd choose? :)

5. cfernandes macrumors regular

cfernandes

Ordered my phone via AT&T In-Store on 7/7 and I still haven't gotten it so this is not true

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Walmart. I went to both the AT&T store and Apple Retail Store. Neither of them had them.

7. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

I walked into a wal-mart and they had like 10-15. So I got 4 of them on the spot. Very easy. The lady said they get them in every 2-3 days. But they go very quickly. By the time I was done shopping (maybe 45 mins.) there were only like 2 left.