Best Studio Tour in LA?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mgmusicman94, Jun 22, 2012.

1. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I'm going to Los Angeles next week on vacation and my family wants to go on a Hollywood studio tour (Paramount, Warner Bros, etc.) Does anyone have any experience with any studio tours and recommend anything in particular? Also is there anything unique to do in LA that not many tourists know about? Any input is appreciated!

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Interesting... I've lived in LA all my life and I've never gone to a studio tour once. I've been to a couple, but not as a tour. I think it was the Paramount or Universal and the CBS lot.

As far as a non-touristy thing to do, besides doing the whole Hollywood Boulevard walk of fame, Grauman's etc. You can try the Hollywood Forever Cemetry, which is only a couple miles away from Hollywood Blvd. There's also the Griffith Observatory that gives you a great view of LA and the smog above it haha. There's also this backwoods way to get really, really close to the Hollywood sign that I wish I could remember, and it's legal of course. Santa Monica Pier, the Beach Cities (Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan), Pasadena. If you want to experience it, you can always try driving through Mulholland Drive. If you get here on the second Thursday (it happens second Thursday of each month), downtown LA gets filled with a bunch of artwork that you can walk through. It's called the "Art Walk" of course. There's always the little towns you can visit there and sample the cuisines: Little Tokyo, Thai Town, Korea Town, China Town, etc. Also, Silverlake and the EchoPark is filled with a bunch of really good places to eat. Echo Park has been gentrified recently, so it's not a "bad area" anymore. There's also food trucks roaming around there and in downtown LA. You can drive through skid row for kicks :)

There's a lot more to do, but I'm having a brain fart right now.

3. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I've done Warner Bros twice and have loved it. So much TV/movie history there. If you are a Harry Potter, Batman, or Friends fan, then Warner Bros is a no brainer.

Also, I recommend touring the Venice canals. They are beautiful.

4. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?