Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EncoreBlade

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
Hey all. Just wondering what the best stylus to get would be? So far, the only two I know about is the Fifty Three Stylus and the Adonit stylus. I am a student and plan to use my new iPad Air 2 extensively for school. I figured I should buy a good stylus that'll give me the most natural handwriting feeling. Though, since I am going to be using this in a classroom, I also don't what the stylus to make super loud clicks during class.

In your guys' opinion, what do you think is the best stylus to get for me?

Nausicaa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Should have bought a Note tablet or Surface Pro or something. None of the iPad stylii are good for note taking vs. pen and paper or competing products. The iPad doesn't have any sort of native stylus support and they all suffer from poor responsiveness and accuracy. You'll spend $$$ trying out different ones and in the end still be disappointed. So don't.

rbarry

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2013
I'm very happy with my Jot Touch, which works well with GoodNotes. Just turn off the Adonit palm-rejection and use the GoodNotes palm-rejection, and turn off pressure-sensitive, and it's nearly flawless at recognizing your pen rather than your hand.

madamelulu

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2014
I'm very happy with my Jot Touch, which works well with GoodNotes. Just turn off the Adonit palm-rejection and use the GoodNotes palm-rejection, and turn off pressure-sensitive, and it's nearly flawless at recognizing your pen rather than your hand.

Which one are you using? the jot touch with pixel point pressure sensitive stylus or the jot touch with bluetooth pressure sensitive stylus?

daminliu

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2015
a replacement of stylus

If you will also use the stylus for precise drawing, there's an iPad drawing app - "Penpoint Drawing", which can replace the physical stylus for precise drawing. It's very easy to use

histest

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I´ve been trying out and had a lot of fun with the Pencil by Fiftythree.
Although not a lot of apps have integrated the technology (yet!), it reacts well to the screen.

Have a look. I just saw that Apple is going to have it in stores pretty soon.

case2001

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
I really love all the Adonit stylus types and GoodNotes. I use ZoomNotes as well. I only take hand written notes using the above combinations. I rarely use paper anymore.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
I´ve been trying out and had a lot of fun with the Pencil by Fiftythree.
Although not a lot of apps have integrated the technology (yet!), it reacts well to the screen.

Have a look. I just saw that Apple is going to have it in stores pretty soon.

It's been a few months since this post and I was in the Apple Store and can confirm that they now do stock the Pencil stylus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.