Best stylus for new iPad / ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Mikes2pads, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

I really don't use them but when on sketchbook I find the control I have learned over years is obtained with a stylus where finger control in drawing is just not as I would like it to be. I have the stylus that is recommended which is a box wave rubber bulb tip. Soft and squishy. It just does not work. Directly on the naked glass, it does not work at all. I Rather have something that will work through screen protectors. Just for sketching on idraw and sketchbook. Of course I would rather avoid buying a half dozen different types to find the one I need to sketch. Anyone enjoy good results?

----------

If I would have looked farther down the threads I would have seen several recommendations people are using for stylus. It still baffles me why a common stylus like boxwave's soft tip does not generate any lines or even page turning.
    Weird.

2. CaleM3 macrumors member

I've been wondering the same over the last 3 weeks. I recently purchased an iFaraday RxII after much research. It should arrive within the next few days. I have seen many many reviews of the Wacom Bamboo, Adonit Jot/Jot Pro, Cosmonaut, Alu Pen, and many many more. Out of all the styli I've seen reviewed I haven't seen a "bad" review of the iFaraday and it is a different style tip than most. It isn't a rubber tip or one with a disc (Adonit Jot), it has a cloth tip and the artist series can be ordered with a firm tip which doesn't compress like the standard tips. I still would like to try the jot and possibly the Bamboo, but I am not a fan of the rubber gliding across the screen.

3. SYale macrumors member

I recently purchased the iFaraday as well. If I get it before (I won't be home until this Friday, haha), then I'll let you know as well. I liked it because of what you said - it hasn't had a single bad review. And the RXII on other forums seems really popular - the weight, the feel of the tip, etc. My other choice would have been the Wacom Bamboo, but EVERYONE complains that they need to buy tips that are apparently hard to obtain.

The Jot Pro for some reason doesn't look appealing to me...that plastic/rubber disc makes writing look awkward. However, I bet it works great, I'm just a pre-judger :p

4. mr.thing macrumors member

5. sekazi macrumors 6502

http://www.ifaraday.com/

I have a iFaraday Artist Firm and Standard Dome and love them both. Best stylus I have ever used.

Rubber tip stylus's dont cut it. I have a Adonit Jot Pro and dislike it too. I use the iFaraday standard dome everyday.

No Pressure
    [​IMG]

Pressure
    [​IMG]

Side View
    [​IMG]

6. newone757 macrumors 6502

I might be able to go for the artist firm but that squish one doesn't rub me t he right way.

I'll have to look into the firm though thanks

7. Mikes2pads, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

Mikes2pads thread starter macrumors regular

What a great bunch of recommendations. Going to investigate all of them. I have seen a distinction in the truglide stylus. It has a woven , conductive fabric tip . I have yet to see anything but black rubber tips on everything out there. Just differences in the tips shape and size. This truglide is visually different.
    Thanks people

8. sekazi macrumors 6502

The iFaraday also use fabric tips.