Best Stylus for School

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jzhang1990, Mar 23, 2012.

1. jzhang1990 macrumors newbie

Hello,

So im gunna be using the ipad for taking notes in class. which stylus would be the best for that. i mainly annotate pdf files and powerpoint slides

2. Boyiee macrumors newbie

I just got my ifaraday RXII in today. Never took notes on a tablet before but I plan to full time. I'm not sure if I like it yet, and not sure if I want to keep it or go with a jot or something else entirely.

I'm in the boat of having a $30 max on a stylus, cause I may end up losing it. So far so good with the RXII, however I haven't tried it in a true notetaking app like notesplus or notability to really give it a test run.

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

The Jot is good, but I don't know that taking notes on the ipad is quite fast/accurate enough for classes.

4. glen e macrumors 68030

I used the jot for a while in business meetings - it taps too much and makes too much noise....

5. tonyz3 macrumors newbie

If you want cheap and great than a caseen or acase 2,is for you. Especially in notability. If you can afford it I just got the by zero stylus and I like it a lot.

But pricey.

6. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

i heard putting a little strip of scotch tap to cover the ball makes less noise.

not too sure though, contemplating on buying one soon.

7. neweipadfan macrumors member

pen and paper, the ipad is terrible for accurate notes or writing at that. terrible just terrible, you would think with todays technology that would change

8. glen e macrumors 68030

Jot does not have a ball....

9. UseYourIllusion macrumors newbie

I've finally gotten used to using the iPen and it works well with Good Notes, the accuracy on Ghostwriter sucks as of right now.

10. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

oh really?

[​IMG]

11. glen e, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

glen e macrumors 68030

yeah..."oh really"...the plastic plate part taps and makes noise....not the ball that attaches it....tell me how the hell scotch tape quiets that down....I sold mine...too much a gimmick and I was a kickstarter supporter...have you ever seen one or are you just an internet expert?

12. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

I have an iFaraday RX II as well, but as many mentioned it can be difficult taking notes fast enough while in class. As a graduate student I find the iPad ideal for my research notebooks (which I have lots of time to compose), but not adequate for taking notes in lectures. This could simply be a result of my field, since mathematics has many symbols, graphs, etc. I imagine it would be easier to take pure text notes, but maybe still not as good as paper and pencil.

13. CSilver macrumors 6502

I'm also looking for one to take notes in class. So far, iPen, byzero Studio Pen, and iFaraday Cobra are on my watch list.

My classes are done in April and I won't be needing a stylus until September so I think I will be just keeping on eye on these products for now.

Good luck.