Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
I recently applied the Mime Ghost glass screen protector to my ipad air, and I got the new trent arcadia stylus, which according to amazon, seems to be one of the best for writing.

However, I noticed that when I write with Notability, it would frequently not register what I wrote. For example, some letters would have a gap because it didn't recognize my stroke.

Do you think it's the stylus, or the fact that I have a glass protector on top of the actual screen that is adding another layer of protection, causing the screen to not be as sensitive to my writing strokes?

If it's the stylus, what would you guys recommend as being the best for writing or taking notes in class that requires a nice stroke?

Thanks

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
My Lynktec Truglide Pro has a microfiber tip like your New Trent Arcadia.
It should glide even smoother than any rubber tip, it doesn't stick to the glass.
Notability is good enough an app not to cause gaps.
So I incline to say your screen protector is the culprit.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
My Lynktec Truglide Pro has a microfiber tip like your New Trent Arcadia.
It should glide even smoother than any rubber tip, it doesn't stick to the glass.
Notability is good enough an app not to cause gaps.
So I incline to say your screen protector is the culprit.

Do you have to press a bit hard on your strokes?

I tend to have a better stroke, i.e. it's smoother, when I'm pressing harder (not that hard) on the glass protector.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Do you have to press a bit hard on your strokes?

I tend to have a better stroke, i.e. it's smoother, when I'm pressing harder (not that hard) on the glass protector.

Depends on what you'd consider pressing hard.
Personally, I'd say I hardly press at all on a rubber tip. Due to the fact it sticks to the glass a little, it's more like pulling.
The microfiber tip doesn't need that pulling either, so it runs smoothly.
My recent stylus, the GoSmart, merely needs to touch the glass and takes no efforts at all to be registered.
Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with a screen protector. So I have no reference in that direction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.