iPad Best stylus.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Lucille Carter, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Anyone use a stylus on their iPad. Who makes the best and what software do you prefer for using the stylus.

2. pocketpenguin macrumors regular

The "pencil" seems to be getting a lot of press. http://www.fiftythree.com/pencil

I don't know if it works with all apps or just the "paper" app also from fiftythree.com. I was thinking about getting one for my daughter for Xmas.

I've never been a big stylus fan, but my parents love their generic styluses from ebay.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

3. ejisfun macrumors regular

I use this along with GoodNotes for taking notes and doing homework (writing on PDFs).

I wouldn't recommend it for drawing; if you want to draw, you'll want something more accurate like an Adonit stylus.

4. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I got these:

http://amzn.com/B00CJJ68GA

And have been using them with GoodNotes.

They work pretty well...my only gripe is that when I write with them, it makes kind of a sound like crunching paper or something. They are my first styluses though so not sure if that is common among them.

5. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

6. taff2003 macrumors member

I don't think it's available as yet, but I think I read (on kickstarter) that it would be available for sale on amazon in early 2014.

7. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Yeah, I think that would be perfect time for me, I like the small tip idea. most of them have a very large tip or a piece of plastic on the tip.

8. richpuer macrumors 6502

9. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I wish I got in on the early bird backers, but I guess this way I get to wait until the reviews are out.

10. ZipZap macrumors 601

11. ejisfun macrumors regular

My stylus works fine through a protector; it's a typical rubber/mesh stylus though. I have heard that ones like Adonit don't work well with protectors.

12. MikhailT macrumors 601

You can preorder it here: http://www.lynktec.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1860

They'll ship the Kickstarter orders first in early Dec, but preorders start shipping in Early Jan instead.

13. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

I'm using the Lynktec Trueglide Pro, with Noteshelf and Paper for my main apps.
    I also have a Maglus, but it's hard to use the rubber tip after having worked the microfiber.
    Yes, the Apex looks promising. Wonder how often one needs to replace the batteries.

14. MikhailT macrumors 601

16 hours of battery life in AAA battery. So, you'll need to get one of those high-power rechargeable batteries to make this pen really worth it.

15. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Awesome, I was on their site looking for it and couldn't find it. I guess I should have used their search function.

16. MikhailT macrumors 601

I found it on their kickstarter's page, in the Updates section.

17. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Bundle of 6 Stylus - Black, Gold, Silver, Blue, Sea Blue, Green - Universal Capacitive Touch Screen Pen for Ipad 1 2 3 Ipod Iphone 4 4S 3g 3gs Motorola Xoom Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 10.1, Blackberry Playbook HTC Flyer Evo View Tablet - 2*15 Inch Stylus Lanyards Included - With The Friendly Swede® Microfiber Cloth in Retail Packaging
    http://amzn.com/B00752ZKU6
    Sty-HD Bundle of 9 Stylus in Swiss Bankers Red, Black, and Silver - Capacitive Stylus Touch Screen Cellphone Tablet Pen for iPhone 5 4 4s 3 3Gs iPod Touch iPad 2 3 4 Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy S4 S3, Barnes and Noble Nook Color, Droid Bionic in StyHD Retail Packaging (Strictly Business)
    http://amzn.com/B00DPN3Y0M

18. iChe macrumors newbie

Personally, I use the great new Adonit Jot Script with GoodNotes. I talk about it here, I hope it helps you find the best stylus for you.

19. e5volcano macrumors regular

Just put a screen protector (The Steinheil from Spigen) on my iPad Mini Retina.

Any good stylus that I can use with a screen protector?