Best Sylus for Drawing?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marty1990, Apr 29, 2012.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

... well, more for using on Photoshop Touch.

What's a good one?

2. davenz macrumors regular

3. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Agreed. I have the bamboo stylus and love it. Makes thin/fine strokes as well as thick.

4. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

I alo have a Bamboo, and find while it is better than most soft tip styli it is still to mushy for me. I went with the Adonit Jot. It uses a different approach - a capacitive disk rather than rubber tip. I find it to much more like a real pen than the rubber tip ones. Some people don't like the Jot because, as a hard tip stylus, it makes a slight tick when you touch the screen, I don't notice that and find the feel to be great.

In the end , it all comes down to personal preference.

5. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Adonit Jot. Truly amazing. I have tried a couple other styli with the bulbous tips and found that the fat tip blocked my view of what I was drawing. The Jot allowed me to actually see what I was doing and, as a result, I was actually able to do something productive. Feels the closest to actually using a pen on a surface. Pretty awesome thing.

As jlc1978 mentions, it makes a bit of a "tick" noise as it touches the screen, but it's not as noisy as some people make it out to be. I was actually surprised how much quieter it was as I expected much louder, sharper taps. Nothing distracting, in my case.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I can vouch for thew Bamboo....So much more than just a drawing tablet..:) I set my friends up last weekend, and am getting one for my birthday..He couldn't get me away from playing with it!

Attached Files:

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

+1

8. richard371 macrumors 68000

I like the cheap $15 targus stylus from Best Buy. I only use it with Drawesome and it works fine.

9. xav8tor macrumors 6502a

I think your answer is closest to being correct. The Bamboo suits me for best all around stylus, but for finer detail and using selection tools like a lasso, the Jot Pro, with its see through disk tip, is more accurate. A few cheaper ones I have are all now gathering dust.