Best sync software for G5 <> Mbp

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by illustratorDavi, Jul 8, 2007.

1. illustratorDavi macrumors 6502

Hi

I've just received my new mbp and want to be able to sync certain folders, mail, ical, contacts etc. so that I can leave my G5 and go portable at any time with my new macbook pro.

I've been looking at SlingShot, Synctogether and Chronosync.

Just wondered what everyone else uses ? any other recommendations ?

Thanks
    David

2. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

I am using Chronosync. It works. Never tried the other two, though. It is the only option for those still using Panther, 'cause the first two require 10.4.8.

3. illustratorDavi thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Only thing that irritates me about chronosync is that every time you want to set another syncing another folder you have to create another document and save it. Sounds a bit weird.

4. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

Yes, that irks me too. But to offset this, I do like the option to initiate synching upon mounting of an external drive. To synch my stuff, I simply plug in the drive and no other action is required from me. In fact, it takes more operations to eject the drive in Finder than to synchronize through Chronosync. Kudos to the developers.

Again, I never tried other synching programs - they might be leages better, for all I know....