iPad Pro Best tactic to get an Apple Pencil quicker?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ArrowDigital, Nov 11, 2015.

1. ArrowDigital, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015

ArrowDigital macrumors newbie

So my iPad Pro is ready for pickup today but no pencils. Hmmm. What is the best tactic to get one as it appears some people DID get one today. Try my local Apple store even though online says none? Will BestBuy have them?

UPDATE: I went to pickup my iPad PRO and there were NO PENCILS. Apple store employee says they have no idea if or when any will come in.

What are you all planning to do?

2. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I'm planning to check the store when I go to pick mine up, hopefully they'll have some. If not, I can wait a week or two. :)

K.

3. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

There is a slight possibility that they deactivated in-store pickup for the Pencil for online orders. When you pickup your ipad ask for the Pencil, who knows they might have them.

4. ArrowDigital thread starter macrumors newbie

THanks guys. That is my current plan. Going to be at the store at 10 when they open and cross my fingers. I will live if I have to wait as well, but its definitely the thing I was dying to try!

5. meldea macrumors regular

Agreed about the slight possibility, but I think the shipping dates are telling.

6. Macalway macrumors 68000

I like your optimism.

i'm not counting on it myself, and we should have been prepared for this. What were they thinking?

7. tigerbait1953 macrumors newbie

tigerbait1953

I ordered mine at about 3 am central and the order is "processing" as available for pickup today. The iPad pro, pencil, and keyboard all listed as available for pickup today. We'll see when I get there. Did the pencil say unavailable for pickup when you ordered?

8. Macalway macrumors 68000

Yes, but only when I tried to order it separately, That may be the problem.

9. meldea macrumors regular

Further, it seems like the Pencil should be the easiest part of the manufacturing equation. That means Apple must have a tiny production line for it. Makes some sense given how specialized it is (only works with one device). But still, unacceptable.

10. tigerbait1953 macrumors newbie

tigerbait1953

I wish you luck with that. Excitedly waiting for my email "ready for pickup" I may have to head there before I get it. My store is 1 1/2 hours away.

11. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

Any chance you're a business customer? As a normal retail customer I never saw the Pencil available anywhere for pickup today. Maybe I just wasn't quick enough.

12. tigerbait1953 macrumors newbie

tigerbait1953

No, I just went to the Apple website and saw it was available to buy. Put everything in the basket and at checkout it asked if I wanted to pickup at a store. I chose the closest store and completed the transaction since it said all three iPad keyboard and pencil were available for pickup today. Dumb luck.. Store in BatonRouge, Louisiana

13. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

Ah, alright, just trying to manufacture some scenario where they still have unreserved Pencils in-store when they open today. Isn't sounding very likely.

14. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

Someone from UK picked up in stores. Anyone in US pick one up?

15. biosci macrumors 6502a

According the app, no store in Chicago had them available in store in the Chicagoland area. I went in to pick up my iPad in store and they didn't have them in... I guess I'll keep checking in on them this week though...

16. ArrowDigital thread starter macrumors newbie

Same here. I went and picked up my iPad Pro and according to the sales reps none were in stock of the Pencils. I watched him check his phone and inventory there did indeed show a red X for none. They admitted they had no idea when or IF they would get any.

17. judahde macrumors member

Apple store in Delaware had a couple in the back but would not sell them unless there was a pre-order pickup to go with it, which I had.

However, I hadn't gotten my "come and get it" email, so I had to wait in the store for the email. When it finally came, the Pencils were all gone.... :mad:

18. ArrowDigital thread starter macrumors newbie

19. Macalway macrumors 68000

My goodness, i'm sorry. This sort of thing would have really taxed my patience. This is beyond incompetence.

20. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

Yeah, no one's got them. Unless you can hire a covert ops team to extract them from China, I suspect you're out of luck as far a tactics go.

Just webstalk Best Buy, MacMall, B&H, Powermax, etc...