Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slav2009

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Hi guys sorry if this has been done before but I just can't find a difinitive answer out there..

I need a thin iPhone 3GS case that stands out among the rest.

Incipio Feather looks great but I keep hearing the matte finish peels off right away or after a few weeks, and that it scratches the back of the phone.

Switcheasy Nude I hear "creaks" and scratches instantly ruining the look of the case, like hundreds of scratches just by putting it in your pocket.

THere are others I've looked at but they all seem to have downfalls. They either scratch the phone or don't fit properly or scratch like crazy.

I would love some proper recommendations from people who have owned these thin cases.

THanks!

prokrastinator

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
I had a black Incipio Feather and i loved that case for my 3GS. I used it for 10 months and only the corners were slightly scuffed up - the rest of the case held up really well with hardly any scratches. Also, it did not scratch the back of my phone whatsoever. I sold my 3GS in anticipation of the iPhone 4 and the Feather kept it in mint condition.

I've seen teh white ones, and they get quite dirty - plus, if you have a black 3GS, it makes the white look off-colour. Anyway, i highly recommend the black Feather.

thetonyclifton

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2006
Belfast - UK
The feather I really liked but the coloured versions did get grubby after a while.

When it came out I preferred the Switcheasy nude and used that until the iPhone4 came out - so it was my favorite.

All those types of case (hardshell) will scratch the bezel at some point - even the uber popular incase sliders - it is not so much the cases as the accumulation of dirt underneath them.

Claude626

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
I recommend this case:
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csr5iph3g-bk.htm

I have it on my iPhone 3G. It may appear to be thick in the image, but it's actually very thin. Much thinner than my SwitchEasy Rebel Serpent case I use before. The inner side of the case has a felt fabric layer to help protect your phone's inner surface. The Apple logo round window has a thin clear plastic protection; not an open window.

Slav2009

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Thanks mate but I really dislike the cases with the cutout for the logo, soooo tacky. Liking the feather so far it feels great

Karnivore

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
Was about to post this, excellent case.

They have them at your local Apple store as well.
Bought mine last October and it still looks brand new. Also, IIRC it came with a free screen protector which is an excellent bonus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.