Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poiu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
I know it looks like every other thread but...
A while ago i saw some kind of "black tissu" that i think is more anti-angle(4 buro) than anti-glare. I cannot find any link of this as i'm missing some vocabulary...

I'm looking for a good way to kill reflection on my macbook pro in extreme sun situations. (like on a white sand beach on a sunny day^^)
I don't really care about colors as my main purpose is to make music, and i'm looking for something removable if possible.

Anybody have any experience with such a thing?? Does this kind of tissu help against reflection?

I've had a macbook matte before and i know simple anti-glare will not do the job... maybe added to that kind of "tissu"...

poiu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
A MESH sreen that's it!!

anybody used any of those for macbook??

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Don't go out in the Sun for starters.

Don't let the sun shine from behind you.

Turn up the brightness on the display.

Bring a hood of some sort to shade the display.

Use an umbrella if you can't find a hood.

I guess you could also consider an antiglare screen protector.

poiu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
Yes in extreme conditions. I'll be "in the sun" at 35° & humidity (so no films i guess), no hood or black t-shirt possible...

Even with my old matte macbook, i found myself loosing precious time by "searching for things in the screen" because of light reflections...

I'm just asking if "mesh screens"/"private filters" would help against reflections

does anybody tried or know some?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.