Best thing to happen to MR, and other Chrome Extensions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by michael.lauden, Feb 25, 2010.

1. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

So... using pretty much a 'ported' firefox extension: AutoPatch Works.

Scrolling through my favorite threads like the monthly Wallpaper threads, and "Post your Setup" threads has been a breeze!

so much fun!!

I definitely recommend you guys to try it out - makes MR's super long threads worth reading!

What other Chrome Extensions have you guys checked out that work wonders for the vbulliten system?? i know the goo.gl plug in has ruled for me!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Thanks for the tip. I haven't used it in FF but I just installed it on Chrome.

3. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Wish there was an extension that would preview the first couple lines of a thread as you scrolled over the thread title..

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Same here. I have a vbulletin website and I have that ext on mine (if I'm understanding you correctly- when you hover your mouse over a thread title, it gives you the first few lines) and it's really helpful.

5. michael.lauden thread starter macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

I dont know... maybe if you hold down a function key and then do that... I could find that irritating if it was set to auto show.

6. kasakka macrumors 68000

Amen to that. I think it's pretty much a basic feature of vBulletin anyway? I once asked a mod if they could enable it on MR but never got an answer. :(

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

It has been discussed and answered here frequently in the Site and Feedback Forum
    It does put a strain on the servers I believe

Here is one such thread

and Doctor Q's answer