Best things about Jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thePhantom, Nov 10, 2007.

1. thePhantom macrumors newbie

hi guys,

I only found out about Jailbreaking when I joined this forum a couple of days ago.

I've got an iTouch and have upgraded to 1.1.2, but I wanted to know what people who have jailbroken for a while find the best apps/advantages are?

Also - are the automatic ways of jailbreaking easy/risk free? Whats the current best method for pc users?

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You get to rebel against the corporations ;). But you might risk not being able to run the real applications when they are released in February.

3. joeliethegoalie macrumors member

It looks like there's at least a partial jailbreak for 1.1.2, but I'm not sure the foolproof process is fully developed--yet (though I'm confident it will be soon).

I highly recommend jailbreaking. It transforms the Touch from an astonishingly cool media player into an astonishingly cool and highly useful PDA.

With the new update, the calendar is now fully functional, but Notes and Mail are still available only via the jailbreak and those both hold a lot of value for me. Weather and Maps are also very useful.

You can always restore your Touch to its original state if/when the "legal" apps start becoming available.