Best third party charging cords?

ssledoux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I need some good cords for my grandkids. The Apple ones just wear out so quickly if they are the least bit strained, and my grandkids sometimes play their pads while they’re charging.

Hoping to not pay a ton, but I’d like to get some that are about 6’ instead of the usual 4.

Suggestions?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I have a few of these Anker Powerline II in 10ft length and they have worked flawlessly and held up well. Came with an 18 month warranty and their customer service was great last time I had to replace one due to the lightning end getting worn from use.

Anker Powerline+ II Lightning Cable (6ft), MFi Certified for Flawless Compatibility with iPhone Xs/XS Max/XR / X / 8/8 Plus / 7/7 Plus / 6/6 Plus / 5 / 5S and More(Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JXXVP3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_wWdaCbFMCZ0X3

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Anker or Amazon Basics. Both have worked great for me.

ADD: quick scan on Amazon, seems like their Basics cables have gone down hill in quality. My two cables are from the 2015 timeframe, so, things might have changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ssledoux

ssledoux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I have a few of these Anker Powerline II in 10ft length and they have worked flawlessly and held up well. Came with an 18 month warranty and their customer service was great last time I had to replace one due to the lightning end getting worn from use.

Anker Powerline+ II Lightning Cable (6ft), MFi Certified for Flawless Compatibility with iPhone Xs/XS Max/XR / X / 8/8 Plus / 7/7 Plus / 6/6 Plus / 5 / 5S and More(Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JXXVP3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_wWdaCbFMCZ0X3
Thanks! I think I got the Anker wall charger. I ordered some cords that were a bit cheaper, but they had a ton of reviews and were 4 1/2 stars. I think I’ll pick up one of these for myself to have on hand in case they ruin the cheaper ones.

Part of the issue is likely from them trying to play their iPads while they are plugged in, thereby tugging on the cords because they’re fairly short (plus the Apple ones just do NOT hold up). I got them a couple of 6’ ones, so hopefully that will at least solve that problem. Plus now they’ll at least have enough cords and chargers to get all 3 iPads plugged in at night, which would also solve the issue of them having to play them plugged in.

Or maybe they could just go outside and jump on the trampoline. ;-p