Best time at Apple Store on 24th to avoid line

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drjdan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. drjdan macrumors newbie

I have my reservation for Northpark Store in Dallas TX. Just wondering what would be a good time to show up the Apple store to pickup iPhone 4 without have a long line. My email sayes I must pick up on June 24.

2. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

If you want to be sure you're one of the first - 12 hours ahead of time.

3. hippo206 macrumors 6502

4. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

5. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

He's got a reservation.... He doesn't need to get there that early.

6. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

I realize he has a reservation, but he wants to make sure he's not in line a long time.
    Remember the iPad launch? At many stores the line for the reserved iPad was longer than the line for those that didn't reserve one.

7. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

8. drjdan thread starter macrumors newbie

Do lines usually settle down by mid afternoon?

My email said I had to pick up by close on 24th. What do they do with phone if don't show up on the assigned day?

9. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

So your solution to not wait in line a long time is for him to start waiting in line 12 hours early? :cool:

10. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

If you don't show up to claim it before they close the store, the iPhone reserved for you goes back to being available to anyone.

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

That apple store is in a pretty yuppie part of town and that mall is in what I call the snoody mall. I call it that because about all that is in that mall are very high end stores. I personally would avoid that mall. I personally tried to avoid going to that mall as much as possible when I lived their and would drive a little farther to go to Town East Mall.

It is a very snoody mall. I would say go in the middle of the day but if you wanted to complete avoid that mess I would of just had it delivered to your home. No need to waste the fuel or the time to get it.

12. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

Right before lunch. People might be taking a half day from work, so the line will probably die down around 9ish and pick up again by mid-afternoon, once people get out of work / school.

Of course, who knows, it might not be a bad idea to get there tomorrow and wait 8 days!

13. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Most people probably work. So maybe after 9am and before lunch time.

14. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I pre-ordered one today and got my email confirmation. Do they have one line for walk in's and one for pre-orders?

15. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

yes

16. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

I find this whole post hilarious

17. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

lol - I didn't say it was without its own problems.

18. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

June 23rd...then you'll be at the front of the line and won't have to wait in a long one.:p
    It's only semi-tongue in cheek! If it's anything like the last two iPhone launch days, there is likely to be a pretty long line of people just like you with phones that are reserved. Some of the Apple Stores had two lines- one for those with reservations and one for those who don't. But I saw one store where there was just a single line and it was a real mess.
    After this latest pre-order day debacle, I wouldn't count on anything running without multiple glitches.

19. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I recall stories for the last 2 years of the lines @ NorthPark being horrendous. I would say the later the better, but you also risk getting cutoff. At one point they'll mark the line off knowing its all they can process before closing.

Between 9am and noon might be ok.....but I doubt it. I hope you have the day off.

Personally I've always had great luck @ Knox St. Nice thing is it's about 1 mile from home and 1/2 mile from the office. :D I'm going about an hour before opening. I might try to make it 2 hours early this year seeing how the demand does seem to be higher.

20. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

So if I'm in the line for people who have reserved a phone before the store closes do they have to let me get my phone? Or do I have be in the store and pay for the phone before they close?

Thanks,

Don

21. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

The apple store I reserved at opens at 7 a.m. so I'll be there prolly at 4 or 5 idk is that early or late?

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

They don't HAVE to do anything. Depends on your store. Most likely when they see that the line is longer than what they can handle before closing, they will cut it off and send all new arrivals home but process all those that are currently in line.

Completely depends on the store. See the story mentioned above? 2 diff Apple stores only about 5 miles from each other. COMPLETELY different experiences re: lines.

For the location I'm going to I've been fine getting there @ 5am. But think I may do a late night drive-by just to see where the line is.

23. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

The latest that I'll get there is 5PM, the store closes at 9PM. Will I be safe getting there around 5PM most likely? I've never dealt with release day madness, I've resisted my impulses for the 2G, 3G, and 3GS, and I waited several months for each, so I don't know what to expect.

Don

24. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I honestly can't answer that question. All I can do is guess. I would hope that's good. But a lot of ppl will prob come right after work @ 5. If you can make it earlier I would.

25. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

so wait, will there be phones for people who didnt pre order or reserve??