Best time by the end of the year to purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Boika, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Boika macrumors regular

I know many of you will say buy one when you need one. Well you see i need one anytime between now and Christmas. I live in NSW Aus and i am moving out of home to start life in the big city of Sydney at Christmas. And i will not be able to take the "family" desktop computer with me (although i do have an iMac g3, but it is hardly capable) I am going to film school in Sydney and require a MBP to run final cut studio and adobe AE. Now i have my money saved and i do not require the laptop until around December. But i don't want to wait all the way until then unless i have to becuase im a sucker for new toys! Ok so i would like to know. SHOULD the MBP's be updated (15.4") by December. + If i buy when leopard is released will the MBP's be updated or upgraded after (or possibly with) the release of leopard? Probably a million threads about this but hey! ill ask too =].

2. pieseller macrumors member

if apple were going to update the MBPs my guess would be they would do it with the launch of Leopard.

i would not recommend buying one before leopard is released. its rumoured for october, so waiting a month will really benefit your use with the computer over the long term.

im not sure they will be updated though, they recently had a decent upgarde.

which area are you studying at film school? i always wanted to go, but never had the balls to go for it.

3. Boika thread starter macrumors regular

I am doing screenwriting, cinematography, producing and majoring in directing. 2 year advanced diploma course at the International Film School Sydney www.ifss.edu.au

p.s thanks for the help!!!

4. BrittQ macrumors regular

I am also waiting to buy a MBP (or the rumored ultra-portable). I would wait at least until leopard. I am going to wait until MWSF 08 in mid January if theres no updates before then (hoping for penryn).

5. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

If your time frame is between now and end of the year, I would suggest that you go ahead and get it now.

Personally, I believe that the next update to the MBP will happen only at Macworld 2008, if that. They were recently updated, and it will be quite sometime before they get a major revision again.