Best time by the end of the year to purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Boika, Aug 29, 2007.

  1. Boika macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    #1
    I know many of you will say buy one when you need one. Well you see i need one anytime between now and Christmas. I live in NSW Aus and i am moving out of home to start life in the big city of Sydney at Christmas. And i will not be able to take the "family" desktop computer with me (although i do have an iMac g3, but it is hardly capable) I am going to film school in Sydney and require a MBP to run final cut studio and adobe AE. Now i have my money saved and i do not require the laptop until around December. But i don't want to wait all the way until then unless i have to becuase im a sucker for new toys! Ok so i would like to know. SHOULD the MBP's be updated (15.4") by December. + If i buy when leopard is released will the MBP's be updated or upgraded after (or possibly with) the release of leopard? Probably a million threads about this but hey! ill ask too =].
     
  2. pieseller macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    #2
    if apple were going to update the MBPs my guess would be they would do it with the launch of Leopard.

    i would not recommend buying one before leopard is released. its rumoured for october, so waiting a month will really benefit your use with the computer over the long term.

    im not sure they will be updated though, they recently had a decent upgarde.

    which area are you studying at film school? i always wanted to go, but never had the balls to go for it.
     
  3. Boika thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    #3
    I am doing screenwriting, cinematography, producing and majoring in directing. 2 year advanced diploma course at the International Film School Sydney www.ifss.edu.au

    p.s thanks for the help!!!
     
  4. BrittQ macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 23, 2007
    #4
    I am also waiting to buy a MBP (or the rumored ultra-portable). I would wait at least until leopard. I am going to wait until MWSF 08 in mid January if theres no updates before then (hoping for penryn).
     
  5. anirban macrumors 6502a

    anirban

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2007
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    #5
    If your time frame is between now and end of the year, I would suggest that you go ahead and get it now.

    Personally, I believe that the next update to the MBP will happen only at Macworld 2008, if that. They were recently updated, and it will be quite sometime before they get a major revision again.
     

Share This Page