Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Broric

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
So I have an old time capsule that I'd be looking to replace. Is there any consensus over what the best alternative is?

I'd prefer wireless and at least 2TB.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Plug any storage drive you have laying around into your USB equipped cable modem and you're done. If you don't have a USB port on the back of the cable modem, consider upgrading.

Broric

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
Plug any storage drive you have laying around into your USB equipped cable modem and you're done. If you don't have a USB port on the back of the cable modem, consider upgrading.

My question was more is there a consensus on what's the best? I have various network hardrives and some work better than others, some are super slot in time machine, etc.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
My question was more is there a consensus on what's the best? I have various network hardrives and some work better than others, some are super slot in time machine, etc.
You don't need a "network hard drive" - and $100 USB drive will do. I've used Seagate drives with much luck for years, but I also have a 1 TB Samsung T5 that works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.