Best Time for In Store Pickup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Epiphron, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Epiphron, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

Epiphron macrumors regular

Hi just wondering what are people's experiences with the smallest lines for in-store pickups? I just got back from one (45 min before closing) empty handed since the reservation line was too long :(

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I walked into our Apple Store today and even though there were 50+ people in the "I just walked in and want an iPhone" line and the inside of the store was jam-packed, I got in and out in under 5 minutes because there was no one in line in the reserve/pickup line. You'll have to wait for the next available employee, but you shouldn't have to wait long. If you're going on Sunday I guess show up mid-morning (avoid the initial rush at open) or later in the evening before they close. If on a weekday, after 9:00am is probably best as most people will have to go to work (suckers!) and avoid lunchtime.

3. sprungson macrumors member

1. i woke up at 6AM this morning and search for the model i wanted ( 6+, 64GB, Space Gray, AT&T)
    2. Add to cart, check out, pay, and select store pick-up
    3. went to Palo Alto, CA store and saw a line of 300 people for walk-in (around the block).
    4. went to the line for "store order pick-up" with four people waiting in front of me. they pulled in all the four people first before the walk-in line.
    5. Within 9 minutes i walked out with my iPhone 6+