best time to buy a macbookpro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Boika, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Boika macrumors regular

Hey, well next year i start film school and my trusty ole' ibook g3 800mhz 348 mb RAM just wont cut it, i haven't saved up quite enough money just yet, but i am just wondering when do you think will be the best time to buy a macbook pro before the end of the year? i hear leopard will be released soon, and a possible new macbook coming out? But i am unsure... which is why i am asking you. If it is of any help i do live in Australia and i am just after the low end macbook pro and i will be almost certainly buying it online from apple.com.au

So when is the best month/date etc to buy a new low end macbook pro? :D

2. seany916 macrumors 6502

If you need a new computer, buy it now.

Is there anything the MBP can do that your current computer can't that you need to do?

If you can wait, wait for Leopard. We're waiting for BluRay for our MacPro purchase.

If you're itching for a new computer, just get it. Waiting would be stupid.

If you're okay with your current rig, then stick with it for about 6 months longer.

Glad to see you're shopping BEFORE your current rig dies.

Glad to see you're getting the MBP. the Macbook is not worth the money.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Well, I think that Apple will probably update the MacBook Pros around January or so. So now would probably be the best time to buy, or in October if you want to get Leopard pre-installed.

4. Boika thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm, i need the MBP for its power and portability, i do most of my "powerful" work on the home desktop PC, and i use my ibook just for word processing at "TAFE". But since i am moving out of home After new years, i need a portable replacement which is powerful, So do you think if i wait for leopard and then buy my MBP, there wont be a new sooper dooper even better one just around the corner? and also will leopard be released in Australia at the same time?

5. DarthTreydor macrumors 6502

there will always be a sooper dooper better one just around the corner. thats just the nature of the beast.