Best time to buy a used iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lewallen, Sep 9, 2015.

1. lewallen macrumors newbie

** EDIT: sorry, just noticed this is basically a repeat post. **

Hi! I'm looking to buy an older model iPhone (in my case, most likely the 6 Plus), and I'd be happy with a used phone in good condition. I figured it definitely made sense to wait until after the release of the 6s, but I was wondering if any one has a sense whether to buy now, or wait a bit longer? I'm sure the price will only continue to go down over time, but I could imagine either a sharp fall-off followed by a shallow one, or just one long shallow fall-off. In the first case, there might be an optimal amount longer to wait before buying. I just wondered if someone has a recommendation from past experience.

Thanks for any advice on the matter, sorry for the verbose post ;). I'd also be glad to get any general advice on buying old iPhones, but I'm sure there's a lot of info on that available already.

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

Best time is now. All the resale venues will be flooded with iPhone 6's for the next 4 weeks or so.

3. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

4. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

5. Alag28 macrumors 6502

price?

6. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

The saving is nominal! Maybe $150-$200. Remember Apple drop the price of the 6 down a full $100! So, it not that much of a bargain if you take in account that you get AppleCare(warranty) and it a brand new 6 warranty by Apple for a year for the difference. But people want a bargain but it a big risk - an used iPhone with no warranty! But each to his/her own! For me; it not worth the bargain!