Best time to buy a used iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lewallen, Sep 9, 2015.

1. lewallen macrumors newbie

Sep 9, 2015
    ** EDIT: sorry, just noticed this is basically a repeat post. **

Hi! I'm looking to buy an older model iPhone (in my case, most likely the 6 Plus), and I'd be happy with a used phone in good condition. I figured it definitely made sense to wait until after the release of the 6s, but I was wondering if any one has a sense whether to buy now, or wait a bit longer? I'm sure the price will only continue to go down over time, but I could imagine either a sharp fall-off followed by a shallow one, or just one long shallow fall-off. In the first case, there might be an optimal amount longer to wait before buying. I just wondered if someone has a recommendation from past experience.

Thanks for any advice on the matter, sorry for the verbose post ;). I'd also be glad to get any general advice on buying old iPhones, but I'm sure there's a lot of info on that available already.
  2. CEmajr macrumors 601

Dec 18, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Best time is now. All the resale venues will be flooded with iPhone 6's for the next 4 weeks or so.
  3. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2008
  4. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2010
  5. Alag28 macrumors 6502

Aug 23, 2006
  6. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

Oct 27, 2012
    The saving is nominal! Maybe $150-$200. Remember Apple drop the price of the 6 down a full $100! So, it not that much of a bargain if you take in account that you get AppleCare(warranty) and it a brand new 6 warranty by Apple for a year for the difference. But people want a bargain but it a big risk - an used iPhone with no warranty! But each to his/her own! For me; it not worth the bargain!