Best Time To Buy a Used Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BradClarke, Dec 21, 2009.

1. BradClarke macrumors member

Im looking at spending about $650 to $700 for a 15" Macbook pro with a Intel Core 2 Duo (preferably A1211 model or up) 2.16ghz

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/stats/macbook-pro-core-2-duo-2.16-15-specs.html

A couple months ago I saw some going for under $600 the price seems to fluctuate alot on ebay buy it now (im guessing supply and demand) is there a better time of the year to buy a used one? and when not to buy a used one? I know kinda a weird question but funds are limited, I need it for college because im majoring in television production and ive been using my friends macbook pro and i just need my own.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Right when the new ones get released as the fanboys dump them.

3. prodigee macrumors 6502a

When the new ones come out, or when you see one at a price that you are willing to pay. Seriously, also check your local craigslist to see what it has to offer, typically prices on there are lower than eBay. Good luck with the search and thank you for asking a thread about buying a used MBP, not creating another thread asking when the new ones will be coming out so that you can get a really cheap older MBP. That would have sparked a rant from me, hahah.

4. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Would the refurbs be any cheaper after the new ones come out?