Best time to buy Apple Watch series 4??

Cee87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2018
California
hi,

I really want to get the new watch but if I could save a few bucks I’m all for it. I know it retails for 399 (gps).. and I found out that Costco is selling it for a bit cheaper... I was wondering if anyone knew if it would go on an even bigger discount around Black Friday/ cyber Monday or the holidays?? Cuz if not then I don’t want to be waiting for nothing and I will just buy it now lol. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

vintagekeys

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2018
Hong Kong
Just buy it now, why? next year there is a new model you might want to upgrade to.
So thats why i got mine as fast as i could, as i most likely will replace mine next year for the AW5 and hand the AW4 down to my son/wife.

that way i maximize the period i have the latest AW device, if you buy it several months in, then you have less time with your AW4 if you decide that when the AW5 comes out its worth the upgrade.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
On Friday, October 26th.
But you must - MUST - do it precisely when the first sliver of moonlight appears on the horizon, and it must - MUST - be done in a forest that's been enchanted by a warlock or witch. Then strip naked, cover yourself in elderberry juice, chant the secret chant, log into Apple's website and order.

In my experience, that is the best time to order an Apple Watch.

Last edited:

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
With the backlog of orders for the 4, I'm not sure there will be any deals on black Friday (or at all before the holidays).

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
With the backlog of orders for the 4, I'm not sure there will be any deals on black Friday (or at all before the holidays).
Good point. I would imagine that manufacturing levels should level out sometime by mid November, but then again, that’s right about the holiday season where consumers are starting to shop, and the Apple Watch might have a constraint leading into Black Friday. I would say the Series 3 watch will drop even more though.

Reactions: caligurl

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
IMO, I think the deals will be on the series 3 watches.... I think stores will have them either cheap, or with good store cards or extras bundled....

Volusia

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2016
Central Florida
Ordered mine two days ago from Best Buy. It is currently on the big brown truck driving somewhere in the general direction of my house! I was surprised that there was not a wait.

As to best time to order, when you feel like it and have the cash!

hexagenia

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2007
New Hampshire
If you are willing to take the Best Buy gamble, Best Buy released a sale of Open Box Series 4 watches this morning. Surely the first time any of these have seen any discounts—Not extraordinarily discounted but not bad. I am amazed at the variety available, including all models of SS. Remember it's Best Buy--YMMV.

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
If you are willing to take the Best Buy gamble, Best Buy released a sale of Open Box Series 4 watches this morning. Surely the first time any of these have seen any discounts—Not extraordinarily discounted but not bad. I am amazed at the variety available, including all models of SS. Remember it's Best Buy--YMMV.
If you want to find the best time, check your Apple Watch. :p

Seriously though, if last year was any indication, I don't think there will be many discounts on the Series 4. I was going to buy a Series 3 last year around Black Friday thinking there might be discounts but the only discounts were for Series 1 (and the Series 2 that was discontinued were pretty much out of stock by that time). Like others have said, I think there will likely be sales on Series 3 this year on BF.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.