Best time to buy Apple Watch series 4??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Cee87, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Cee87 macrumors newbie

hi,

I really want to get the new watch but if I could save a few bucks I’m all for it. I know it retails for 399 (gps).. and I found out that Costco is selling it for a bit cheaper... I was wondering if anyone knew if it would go on an even bigger discount around Black Friday/ cyber Monday or the holidays?? Cuz if not then I don’t want to be waiting for nothing and I will just buy it now lol. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

2. vintagekeys macrumors regular

vintagekeys

Just buy it now, why? next year there is a new model you might want to upgrade to.
    So thats why i got mine as fast as i could, as i most likely will replace mine next year for the AW5 and hand the AW4 down to my son/wife.

that way i maximize the period i have the latest AW device, if you buy it several months in, then you have less time with your AW4 if you decide that when the AW5 comes out its worth the upgrade.

3. MCube74 macrumors 65816

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would agree. Black Friday might have some discounts, likely not steep. But if there are any discounts, it would likely only apply to the aluminum sport model and not the stainless.

5. Panther61 macrumors newbie

Panther61

BF discounts for version 3 I doubt 4.

6. pullfocus, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018

pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

On Friday, October 26th.
    But you must - MUST - do it precisely when the first sliver of moonlight appears on the horizon, and it must - MUST - be done in a forest that's been enchanted by a warlock or witch. Then strip naked, cover yourself in elderberry juice, chant the secret chant, log into Apple's website and order.

In my experience, that is the best time to order an Apple Watch.

7. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

With the backlog of orders for the 4, I'm not sure there will be any deals on black Friday (or at all before the holidays).

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Good point. I would imagine that manufacturing levels should level out sometime by mid November, but then again, that’s right about the holiday season where consumers are starting to shop, and the Apple Watch might have a constraint leading into Black Friday. I would say the Series 3 watch will drop even more though.

9. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

The best time? JMHO, but that would be at 3:30pm.

10. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

IMO, I think the deals will be on the series 3 watches.... I think stores will have them either cheap, or with good store cards or extras bundled....

11. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

Ordered mine two days ago from Best Buy. It is currently on the big brown truck driving somewhere in the general direction of my house! I was surprised that there was not a wait.

As to best time to order, when you feel like it and have the cash!

12. hexagenia macrumors regular

hexagenia

If you are willing to take the Best Buy gamble, Best Buy released a sale of Open Box Series 4 watches this morning. Surely the first time any of these have seen any discounts—Not extraordinarily discounted but not bad. I am amazed at the variety available, including all models of SS. Remember it's Best Buy--YMMV.

13. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

If you want to find the best time, check your Apple Watch. :p

Seriously though, if last year was any indication, I don't think there will be many discounts on the Series 4. I was going to buy a Series 3 last year around Black Friday thinking there might be discounts but the only discounts were for Series 1 (and the Series 2 that was discontinued were pretty much out of stock by that time). Like others have said, I think there will likely be sales on Series 3 this year on BF.