Best Time To Buy New Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nrfujnbfvj, Feb 20, 2011.

1. nrfujnbfvj macrumors member

Im a student in the UK, and plan on getting the new macbook pro with the education discount, however I've heard things about Apple offering a free iPod Touch but not as soon as it comes out, I could do with upgrading my 2G touch so I dont want to miss out on that.

Anyone have any idea if this is gonna be offered and if so when, I probably wont be able to afford it until end of may anyway so.... :)

Oh and what about the new os, with regards to getting it on the new machine

2. iLauren macrumors member

May is a while away....

A lot can change in 3 months.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Back To School promotion usually starts in late May or early June

4. ktang macrumors member

Are you sure? I thought they offer the free iPod sometime in august and September. Considering June is when kids get out of school, august and September is when they return to school. Does this vary in different countries? I'm referring to America specially California if that makes a difference.

I'm also waiting to purchase the MacBook pro when they throw in the free iPod, and also OS X Lion is suppose to be release sometime in summer also, so hopefully all of those will come as a package when I make my purchase.

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

In USA the promotion start in late May or early June (when kids get out of the school) and ends in early September, right before the iPod event.

6. nrfujnbfvj thread starter macrumors member

7. bigjobby macrumors 65816

Yep. Last year it kicked off about late May in the UK.

8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Late may to Early June is the time they offer free ipod after mail and rebate.

Mac OS lion is scheduled to be released in Summer and when they mean summer. They could mean July/August or even September.

9. saucy1360 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

does the back to school promotion usually just include the free iPod, or are there sales as well?

10. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There is free printer (well, 100$ rebate) promo as well.